website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

Biden already started by blowing Obama tonight :wacko:. We get it, Obama liked you.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Biden complaining that nationalized healthcare is impossible :facepalm:. How about we stop paying to defend the EU. We spend 55% of our national budget on defense, how about we spend 30-25%.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Healthcare debate

Warren making a very big mistake in the healthcare debate, but then she makes a comeback with a great joke. She still won’t reveal her plans though, that’s a turn off for me.

Biden seeming to win moderates as expected.

Bernie getting big cheers when talking about socialized healthcare.

Biden tells Bernie that “This Is America” when Bernie begins talking about how much better Canada’s healthcare is than ours. People seem to like that, but Canada’s is better. 

Kloubachar trying to compete with Biden for the centerists. She might have the strongest performance in the first quarter.

Buttigeig proposing that we slowly move towards Medicare For All.

Harris only wants to talk about Trump. That’s not going to work forever. She mentions McCain beating Trumps attempt to get rid of ACA. First time McCain has ever gotten a cheer at the Democratic debate.

Obama has never received more credit for the things he did in his life :d

Castro goes hard after Biden in the healthcare debate. Biden has been killing Bernie on facts checks, but Castro nails Biden with one. Castro really hammers Biden. It is not a good look for either Biden or Castro.

Castro tells Biden that he is killing Obama’s legacy and the crowd goes wild. Debate briefly descends into chaos. Yang gets everyone to clan with a slightly racist joke. 

Believe or not every candidate on the stage thinks racism is still a huge problem in America.

Harris gets nailed on her criminal justice record. There goes my candidate:facepalm:. She on the record as once being against the legalization of pot and outside police investigations. That’s inexcusable really. 

Univision’s representative hits Biden hard on immigration. Biden refuses to talk about his immigration record. He helped deport the most people in American history.

It’s been a while anyone’s said anything meaningful to me. Trade doesn’t really matter to me. I don’t care about economics. I care about not getting shot, making sure I have access to healthcare, and making sure my friends don’t get deported.