website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

One of the best chairs of all time, sad to see him step down. He had a way of making government watchable and exciting. Plus, he always seemed as impartial as possible, as he should be in his position. We’ll always have the 5 minute YouTube compilations of his sickest comebacks I guess. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

British political system is falling apart in front of our very eyes. I’ve never really seen anything like this before. It’s like first world country after first world country is competing to see who can fuck themselves over more. It’s just an odd time politics. This is what happens when people fall for hate, fear mongering, and ethnic voting lines. It’s honestly just sad. The 1990s and 2000s were such a wonderful hopeful time in world politics, and now we’re just fucking it away. Unbelievable.

I hope LIB/DEM win the election. Labor is toast and Johnson is shaky at best. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Days before the first round of Tunisia's presidential election, the first  televised debates between the candidates has aired, ( first time   in the Arab world)

Called "The road to Carthage: Tunisia makes its choice", the programme was broadcast on 11 television channels, two of them public, and about 20 radio stations across the country that spearheaded the so-called Arab Spring revolutions in 2011.

Tunisia has since been considered by some as a rare success story for democratic transition after the uprisings

Résultat de recherche d'images pour "tunisiens debats presidentielle"

Tunisians watching debates in café shop

69601025_928994134101350_209665418752058

45 minutes ago, amen09 said:

Days before the first round of Tunisia's presidential election, the first  televised debates between the candidates has aired, ( first time   in the Arab world)

Called "The road to Carthage: Tunisia makes its choice", the programme was broadcast on 11 television channels, two of them public, and about 20 radio stations across the country that spearheaded the so-called Arab Spring revolutions in 2011.

Tunisia has since been considered by some as a rare success story for democratic transition after the uprisings

Yes, I am impressed. Don’t vote for a megalomaniac please and thank you. I’ll be cheering for democracy :cheer:

2 hours ago, amen09 said:

Holy  shit, how many candidates are there for president????

1 hour ago, Olympian1010 said:

Yes, I am impressed. Don’t vote for a megalomaniac please and thank you. I’ll be cheering for democracy :cheer:

I just did some quick research, and I have bad news - the leader in the polls was charged with money laundering in July, and he's been referred to as "Tunisia's Berlusconi" .

Just now, ofan said:

I just did some quick research, and I have bad news - the leader in the polls was charged with money laundering in July, and he's been referred to as "Tunisia's Berlusconi" .

Well Berlusconi wasn’t allowed to stay in power. Hopefully the spirit of the Arab spring stays alive in its birth place. I’d be par for course for another autocrat to rise up though. It would also follow the international trend of countries trying to screw themselves over that I mentioned earlier.

Just now, Olympian1010 said:

Well Berlusconi wasn’t allowed to stay in power. Hopefully the spirit of the Arab spring stays alive in its birth place. I’d be par for course for another autocrat to rise up though. It would also follow the international trend of countries trying to screw themselves over that I mentioned earlier.

Yes, backsliding is inevitable unfortunately 

Il y a 8 heures, ofan a dit :

he is at the Jail now 

Don't worry about that , he can move to secound round ,but he will never win