website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

42 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Give me the name of an African leader that hasn’t locked up his political rivals, shot at protesters, committed genocide, or started a civil war.

Give me the name of an American President who didn’t invade another country, propped up dictators or overthrew democratic governments. 

So, can I say that being a psychopath war criminal is a must to be US President?

Just now, penthatlonfan said:

clearly not well enough , also it s not a racist statement to point out that a minority doesn t know how to  do something.

So you think Black Africans are a minority? That’s just...wow

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Just now, Dolby said:

Give me the name of an American President who didn’t invade another country, propped up dictators or overthrew democratic governments. 

So, can I say that being a psychopath war criminal is a must to be US President?

Yes :whistle:

I’d say George Washington maybe, or maybe Wilson?

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Just now, Olympian1010 said:

So you think Black Africans are a minority? That’s just...wow

that s not what i meant . their obvously not a minority in africa . I meant  that saing   that they can t do something well enough isn t a racist statement 

Just now, penthatlonfan said:

that s not what i meant . their obvously not a minority in africa . I meant  that saing   that they can t do something well enough isn t a racist statement 

Claiming that the white oppressors are better then the Black population is. For thousands of years blacks lived off that the land without an issue. The Europeans were the main catalyst for the issues.

Just now, Olympian1010 said:

Claiming that the white oppressors are better then the Black population is. For thousands of years blacks lived off that the land without an issue. The Europeans were the main catalyst for the issues.

not the ones who the land was taken from. how were they harming them ?   if aparthaid was already over , and blacks weren t buying the land ?

In fact saying Mugabe had racial issues against white peoples is a bit funny, since for years Kirsty Coventry (whiter than flour herself) was introduced as the Mugabe´s golden girl. One would even say she was like his daughter seeing how often they were pictured together :d

47 minutes ago, amen09 said:

Tunisian Presidential elections will  take place on 15 September 2019

26 candidates , Two women are among them

How many of them have a somewhat decent chance? 26 candidates sounds like...a lot :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

27 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

That’s a pretty racist statement. They farmed those lands for thousands of years. They may not farm the “European” way, but they knew what they were doing.

One doesn't need to farm the 'European' way, one needs to farm in a way that provides them with enough food. Five thousand years ago there were a bit less people to feed, and the results of taking away the farms have been very clear, whatever one's opinion is: it. did. not. work. At all. The whole thing went to shit. I could not care less about the skin colour of whoever provides food, as long as there's enough to keep a country running and it clearly did not work.

Yes, I think Zimbabwe should be ruled by 'native' Zimbabweans. No, that doesn't mean some ruling elite should impoverish everyone in his country - black or white - by doing this kind of thing.

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!