website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

6 minutes ago, Agger said:

I got a bit worried when I saw that PvdA was the Dutch party that I agreed with the most (GL second for me as well) considering that D66 and their youth party are some of our closest partners.

D66 is somewhat in the middle though, so it's not like the difference is absolutely huge as it would be with PvdA - PVV/FvD :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

3 minutes ago, Agger said:

Actually last year the support was the highest for 35 years :p

But nonetheless it gives a wrong picture about the election when about half the questions (didn't really count) are national politics and not about the ones they are voting for.

Interesting, in the Dutch version most questions were about Europe (more/less power, European taxes etc).

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 minute ago, Agger said:

Not bad (I would likely vote for her as well if I lived in Fyn :)

I voted for "their candidate" (You mean Philip, right?) :p 

For the General Election I'll vote the actual day.

Though, It's very likely she is not going to be elected. :(

Yep, Phillip. :)

Just now, wumo26 said:

Though, It's very likely she is not going to be elected. :(

Yep, Phillip. :)

I honestly wouldn't be too sure about that. It feels like one of the closer races. She did very well in the municipal election and feels like one of the most active candidates of all. 

Even though she is up "against" two rather big profiles, she is mentioned as a possible winner by party members who really know what they talk about. She is surely the outsider, but a strong one who could surprise.

Early bet contest will the attendance in SVK pass the 10% ? If not Totallympics I wouldn´t even know the elections are going to be this weekend :p

but yeah, SVK having the astronomical 14 seats in the European Parliament, it is impossible to wonder about the absolute lack of interest in the country + elections during ice hockey worlds lol..crazy peoples and their schedulling

6 minutes ago, Agger said:

Actually last year the support was the highest for 35 years :p

But nonetheless it gives a wrong picture about the election when about half the questions (didn't really count) are national politics and not about the ones they are voting for.

I don't know about the surveys, so I cannot tell. My sensation, however, is that in most important countries eurosceptiscism is rising, and it can be dangerous for the EU stability in a short-medium term. I mean, eurosceptiscism can be more effective in Italy than in, say, Cyprus or Malta or Bulgaria.

However, my point was this: I feel like the political view is polarizing on some themes like immigration, and since some legal principles come from EU, it is easier to make coincide national and european subjects, in my opinion.

Schermata 2019-05-22 alle 20.48.54.png

This is my result restricted to Italy. Very proud of it :D Interestengly, there are a lot of parties to which I would align better, and it looks like the one I'm more similar to is in Netherlands, and it is this famous PvdA @heywoodu is nicely talking about

12 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Interesting, in the Dutch version most questions were about Europe (more/less power, European taxes etc).

Just checked the Danish, Swedish, English and German versions. They all seemed alike.

Do you have questions about themes like social programmes, same sex marriage, drugs, euthanasia, punishment for criminals and personal privacy on the internet?

They are mainly national questions and others were at least as much national as European (government spending, some of the immigration questions and promotion of public transports).

Don't get me wron. There are some fine questions about politics and structure, but when punishment, same sex marriage and drugs are there as well, it doesn't quite show the right picture of the parties in the Parliament.

1 minute ago, Agger said:

Just checked the Danish, Swedish, English and German versions. They all seemed alike.

Do you have questions about themes like social programmes, same sex marriage, drugs, euthanasia, punishment for criminals and personal privacy on the internet?

They are mainly national questions and others were at least as much national as European (government spending, some of the immigration questions and promotion of public transports).

Don't get me wron. There are some fine questions about politics and structure, but when punishment, same sex marriage and drugs are there as well, it doesn't quite show the right picture of the parties in the Parliament.

I read this more as "European Parliament should be able to put pressure on nations about these things" :p 

7 minutes ago, AlFHg said:

This is my result restricted to Italy. Very proud of it :D Interestengly, there are a lot of parties to which I would align better, and it looks like the one I'm more similar to is in Netherlands, and it is this famous PvdA @heywoodu is nicely talking about

Famous and rather failing :p Hasn't been really big in quite some time now (luckily, in my opinion)