website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

5 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

The American Education System ladies and gentlemen. This country is so fucked:

It's pretty good they do it, might save some lifes.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

14 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Not only in the US. When it comes to attacks like Sri Lanka and the revenge bombing thwarted by the FBI, it's all over the world and it has been for years.

An unfortunate reality for sure.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

21 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

It's pretty good they do it, might save some lifes.

But this shouldn’t have to happen. I shouldn’t have to enter a classroom and note the exits. I shouldn’t have to hide under my desk for 10 minutes so that Congress can stay away from theirs for 10  days. I shouldn’t have to have a police officer show up to my first period because a kid in my class threatened a school shooting. I shouldn’t be nervous when going to the movies, a sporting event, a rally, a party. I know that this isn’t only an American problem I just expect better from the world’s most industrialized country, who sends 50-60% of its federal budget on defense. How about instead of shooting Iraqi and Syrian civilians and bombing starving Yemenis, you defend your own citizens, the next generation. 

I shouldn’t have to pin an orange ribbon for the kids killed by gun violence on my backpack. I shouldn’t have to pin a red ribbon for the kids killed by the drug epidemic on my backpack. I shouldn’t have to post a picture of a rose in my Instagram every week for the victims of a preventable terrorist attack. I shouldn’t have to write poetry about how the cops beat the shit out of kids on a regular basis. I shouldn’t have to wear a pink ribbon for all the kids moms who’ve died from breast cancer in one of the richest countries in the world. I shouldn’t have to deal with a president who inspires attacks against my fellow journalists on a regular basis. 

Edited by Olympian1010

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

To be fair, one doesn't need to wear any kind of pin or ribbon. Or change their Facebook or Instagram status or something to a picture with a flag of the recent attacked country.

By the way, spending 50-60% of the federal budget on defense isn't a good thing. At all..

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

On 29/09/2017 at 08:25, Griff88 said:

One famous politician in Indonesia suddenly became "sick" when he is scheduled to come to the Anti Corruption Commission for some investigation of a major corruption case. It was claimed that his heart is congested, had a stroke, and some other complications :d

While this is a classic excuse for politicians here, it is the first time a picture came out as a "proof". But the photo has many strange things such as smiling wife that looks like saying "Hey honey, wake  up, we are being photographed" and a flat line electrocardiogram. :lol:

Maybe someone with medical qualification can explain more what's wrong in this one picture...

DKtKV7UWAAASe-D.jpg

Remember this guy? After faking the scene above and a car accident, he was finally tried and jailed for 15 years.

But after 8 month in prison he pretends to be sick (again) and requested a hospital treatment for his heart condition yesterday. And he is caught eating Padang food restaurant in the hospital (Padang food is famous for curry-like dishes and oily stuff, very good for your heart :rolleyes:).

image.png

Remembering this guy, our prime minister.

Spoiler

well, for some for me hardly imaginable and mysterious reasons Trump somehow decided to invite our country leaders to Washington for a visit... so ofc why to not make some shame and embarassement, so hell ya, let´s go, we send him, our prime minister :d

Spoiler

us_slovakia_16932-74360038c9764edca58ea7

now our medias are the whole day trolling about the american medias introduciing him as our president. :lol:

I know, thats not so big deal, I mean who cares, but I am just surprised, I thought the fact we have just voted a female president is a thing that was pretty medialized across the whole world including USA Fox news journalists

6c5238c8-fa52-4ff7-b048-b87cf9adfdd7.png

+off topic,

but seeing Trump just infront of :SVK flag, make me kinda little worried I must say :lol:

image.png

Just now, hckosice said:

I know, thats not so big deal, I mean who cares, but I am just surprised, I thought the fact we have just voted a female president is a thing that was pretty medialized across the whole world including USA Fox news journalist.

I quite often just don't watch the news, so I easily miss things and might have missed this, but I have seen absolutely nothing about this in media here :p 

The only reason I know this happened is because of your posts here :d 

Just now, heywoodu said:

I quite often just don't watch the news, so I easily miss things and might have missed this, but I have seen absolutely nothing about this in media here :p 

The only reason I know this happened is because of your posts here :d 

Seriously ? that´s really surprise me