website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

2 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I'm feeling dumb now but I don't understand what you mean :red: 

An emotional war? You mean in/around Israel?

nevermind, i did not express myseld well

Edited by DaniSRB

Julian Assange has been arrested in the Ecuadorian embassy. That's the end of that :bye: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

That beard :lol:

IMG-20190411-114914.png

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

12 hours ago, amen09 said:

Hope you can read this book

(Der judenstaat,1882) of theodor Herzl

The father of state of Israel

The project was to build a state in Argentina or, preferably in Palestine

If israel was founded on Argentina 

And taked 75% of ur lands 

With limited recognition of the rest of land 

What u you will shoose ? Peace  or fight for peace 

konig is anti palestinian just because they are poor , he adores money you can buy him with 10 euro :lol:

11 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Apparently there's a military coup going on in Sudan at this very moment. Rumours have it Al-Bashir is (finally) gone, at least from power, and an 'important statement' is coming up.

All of this has been officially confirmed. There were celebrations around the country. There were coups in different areas with multiple gunfights heard (near protestors too). The country is on lockdown for 24 hours, after which borders will reopen. The military has official control the government for the next 2 years (that’s claimed to be a transitional period to a democracy (we’ll see how that goes)). Overall the Sudanese seem pleased with what happened. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 hour ago, Olympian1010 said:

All of this has been officially confirmed. There were celebrations around the country. There were coups in different areas with multiple gunfights heard (near protestors too). The country is on lockdown for 24 hours, after which borders will reopen. The military has official control the government for the next 2 years (that’s claimed to be a transitional period to a democracy (we’ll see how that goes)). Overall the Sudanese seem pleased with what happened. 

Yeah and Al-Bashir's vice-president is now holding the cards. I'm sure the people seem generally pleased for now, but I'd say it is extremely unlikely all of this will result in even a 1% stable country. It's been a huge mess with coups, dictators, more coups and counter-coups ever since it's independence and today is pretty much proof that's exactly still the case. Just a matter of waiting for the next coup and/or civil war against the 'new' regime (which is basically just the old stuff but with a different name).

I'd very much love to be wrong, but it's gonna stay terrible. Al-Bashir or no Al-Bashir.

Edited by heywoodu