website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

1 hour ago, Olympian1010 said:

Wish I could participate in the climate strike today. I have midterms though... (currently in one). 

Good that you're at least making exams instead of striking. I read that in Belgium children of certain schools are obligated to go to a climate march, which I think is not good at all...give them the choice if it's for one day, fine, but obligating it? No way.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

44 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Good that you're at least making exams instead of striking. I read that in Belgium children of certain schools are obligated to go to a climate march, which I think is not good at all...give them the choice if it's for one day, fine, but obligating it? No way.

Right, people shouldn’t be forced into a protest. The point of the protest is to show solidarity and the amount of people who actually care about climate change. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 hour ago started the presidential elections.

4.450.000 peoples are alowed to vote in their respective 5940 Elections districts, which are open from 07:00 to 22:00 today (yes in freaking Slovakia we votes only during the weekend, because yes, you know during work days, you work...), for the first round, if no candidate succeed to gain absolute majority, there will be a 2nd round between the top 2 ranked of this opening round in 2 weeks the 30th March.

13 candidates are competing for the 5th ever Slovak presidents spot (3rd time by popular voting)

Favorites (Hopefully) Zuzana Čaputová, Liberal, environmental cases lawyer and activist.  if win will became the first ever female president of Slovakia

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/mar/15/slovak-liberals-cross-fingers-for-election-of-pro-west-zuzana-caputova

Danger !!I our naziboy. a weirdo who dreams with his other sick team mates to build once again a faschist puppet state, without anyone else than "pure and hetero, catho, you know "right" white" slovaks...

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/feb/14/how-a-slovakian-neo-nazi-got-elected

image.png

11 minutes ago, hckosice said:

(yes in freaking Slovakia we votes only during the weekend, because yes, you know during work days, you work...)

I wish we had the same here instead of basically always voting on a Wednesday :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

I would choose Saturday if it was up to me: free day for the majority of the population and you can watch the election shows and results and broadcasts all night long without worrying about waking up early the next day :cheer: 

Halfway in the elections, right now...Enormous attendance and interest are the main surprises of this ballot so far. Experts saying they are expecting the biggest voting attendance in many many years.

Really uncommon in a country where for example in the European elections the participation was around 16 % and generally the peoples elections interest is traditionally one of the if not the lowest in Europe.

Some pics from the elections so far :p

Spoiler

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

Musical shows at voting stations, reminds me of last week's elections in North Korea :d 

5 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Musical shows at voting stations, reminds me of last week's elections in North Korea :d 

Thankfully those times are far far away now and will never return. ;)

also some freestyle football or however it is called world champion Lucia Kevická has voted with her ball ofc :p

4076430_625x.jpeg?rev=3