website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

For the first time ever! I agree with Trump’s decision to recognize Juan Guiado as interim President of Venezuela. I also saw the Canada and Brazil have announced recognition as well. Things might get interesting in the next few days. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

The list of countries recognizing Guiado is growing fast, up to at least 15 by my count.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Just now, DaniSRB said:

here we go, new Syria (i hope no)

For some reason I don’t see this turning into a civil war, though the conditions required are definitely present

I predict Maduro will just quit and flee to another country this year or the next. At some point his own military will betray him (there already signs of that) and force him out. Don't think there is a chance for a real war.

27 minutes ago, LDOG said:

I predict Maduro will just quit and flee to another country this year or the next. At some point his own military will betray him (there already signs of that) and force him out. Don't think there is a chance for a real war.

The real question is who emerges as the next leader of Venezuela 

hace 11 minutos, Olympian1010 said:

The real question is who emerges as the next leader of Venezuela 

Probably some random right winger pro-market pro-US guy. That really doesn't matter anyway, at this point most venezueleans (like 80%) just want Maduro out and then think later.