website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

This is like 1980 or like Egypt 2013. Didn't expect this to happen in Turkey now.

I guess Erdogan now doesn't really have a chance to stay in power if most of the army is against him.

10 minutes ago, Milan said:

This is like 1980 or like Egypt 2013. Didn't expect this to happen in Turkey now.

I guess Erdogan now doesn't really have a chance to stay in power if most of the army is against him.

I think Erdogan can bend everything in his will and severely punish everyone who said one positive word about the coup. I mean, it's of course not without reason that he is mostly called "Erdolf" on internet. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

SSo apparently according to our TVN24 The militia is / might have beensuppprted by some cleric islamic group... or it was all part of Erdogans game

My favourite Volleyball position: LIBERO. You ask why? Look here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyIOarNAONk

7 hours ago, VolleyRuller96 said:

SSo apparently according to our TVN24 The militia is / might have beensuppprted by some cleric islamic group... or it was all part of Erdogans game

Don't they mean the group of Erdogan's rival, who is based in the US and who is actually moderate and very much in favour of a secular state? (which is of course a good thing)

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

45 minutes ago, NikolaB said:

I am afraid that Turjey is on edge of civil war

Sadly that would not be surprising I guess...possibly the main reason to "cheer" for Erdogan at the moment because at least that could mean some stability? 

2 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Don't they mean the group of Erdogan's rival, who is based in the US and who is actually moderate and very much in favour of a secular state? (which is of course a good thing)

Yes I think so now, this is some cleric who wanted to base the country on secularism and interreligious dialogue

BTW This is far from over yer, the militia just now captured military complex in Golçuk and took its commander hostage

My favourite Volleyball position: LIBERO. You ask why? Look here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyIOarNAONk