website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

3 hours ago, thiago_simoes said:

Bestmen, I get it that you live in a country with no freedom of religion and very little freedom concerning how one lives one's life. I live in a country where I am free to practice any (or no) religion, where I can marry anybody (man or woman), where women are free to choose who they marry and where they can choose to work and have a career. When I go out in the morning, I see the streets brimming with multiracial people, and people live their lives to the fullest the best way they can.

When one is able to see how beautiful diversity is, it is hard to go back to a miserable life where you have no freedom and where everyone is controlled by a greater force, may it be religion, or the state, or both. After this, you can never look back to a despicable life where everyone is the same and where you look in the mirror and see that you are just one more. Maybe this is why you spend so much time on this forum. For this reason, I do not wish you get banned anymore; I wish you stay here and contemplate diversity. There is always room for everyone.

LOL your knowledges are very poor i see , i visited many countries i was shocked manythings are prohibited

and we have many churches here

573247693_small.jpgBasilique_St_Augustin-Annaba-05.jpg

i posted this on the thread of architecure

we are not chrIstian here , in :BRA they have the Christ 

here :ALG we have Mary 

Spoiler

Christ-the-Redeemer-in-Brazil-1.jpg

here :ALG we have Mary  

what everyone noticed that you criticize other countries and never brazil

remember when you posted this thread about the US coach of gymnastic / the sexe abuse he did

but you said nothing when the brazilian coach did the same:bye:

Brazil gymnasts accuse ex-coach Lopes of sexual abuse

3 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Apparently she was warning against PT's plans (no idea if they were true) to educate parents about stuff like erections and masturbation in new-borns? My knowledge about that is zero, but generally speaking I'm not against educating people. I just highly doubt there's actually some advice or anything in the Netherlands saying "hey parents, go masturbate your 7 month old kid and this is how to do it". I mean, yeah. No. 

It was most likely that, which is not surprising since Bolsonaro won a election based on lies like that PT would give a "gay kit" in schools and that Haddad had created an "erotic baby bottle" (this was widely shared on Whatsapp groups and a lot of his supporters actually thought was true) - see image below.

About Netherlands, in the video where she speaks about this, she struggles a little to remember the country name and just says "Holanda", which I think indicates it could be any nation and she was just preaching to the choir (she was speaking with lunatics, so they will buy anything).

Spoiler

TN500_61.jpg

1 hour ago, bestmen said:

what everyone noticed that you criticize other countries and never brazil

remember when you posted this thread about the US coach of gymnastic / the sexe abuse he did

but you said nothing when the brazilian coach did the same:bye:

Brazil gymnasts accuse ex-coach Lopes of sexual abuse

Not wanting to rain on your parade, but...

16 minutes ago, vinipereira said:

Not wanting to rain on your parade, but...

Plus 'you never criticize Brazil'...wait, what? @thiago_simoes was rather vocal in (rightfully) saying how disappointed he was/is with Brazil around the whole Bolsonaro thing

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

14 minutes ago, DaniSRB said:

Greek parlaiment narrowly accepted name ''North Macedonia"

So all’s good (figuratively) in the Balkans then?

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 minute ago, Olympian1010 said:

So all’s good (figuratively) in the Balkans then?

not even 50% of people in MKD went to vote in referendum (it basicly passed thanks to minorities votes), president is also against and asked people to boycott which most did

And despite everything international media present it as democracy?

Greek people also demonstrated against

And in parlaiment of both countries it passed with 2-3 votes just to be more than 50%

9 hours ago, DaniSRB said:

not even 50% of people in MKD went to vote in referendum

In other words, most people didn't give two fucks? I mean, surely people who were strongly for or strongly against the plans would go and vote, otherwise you're just saying you're fine with whatever the outcome will be.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

10 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

In other words, most people didn't give two fucks? I mean, surely people who were strongly for or strongly against the plans would go and vote, otherwise you're just saying you're fine with whatever the outcome will be.

Most people protested

But it's not like decide anyway :p