website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

The 2nd Amendment idiots are hosting a “huge” gun rally in Virginia on Sunday. There’s already been multiple arrests of white-nationalists that the FBI suspected were planning attacks. It’ll be interesting how many people show up after that, plus Virginia has banned guns at the event, so...

If it’s a large rally, I fully expect violent clashes between groups like the Proud Boys and Antifa. So be on the lookout for that I guess.

The area I live in is highly pro-gun, and it drives me crazy. With the shit these people post, I don’t think any of them should have guns. I honestly don’t even trust most of our police department to have personal guns.

If there is a “blue wave” in November, I fully expect and hope to see major gun reform.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Look at these people. These are the faces of people who value gun’s lives more than our children’s. Fuck them, fuck them to anywhere lower than hell.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

5 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Look at these people. These are the faces of people who value gun’s lives more than our children’s. Fuck them, fuck them to anywhere lower than hell.

I hope Antifa kicks the shit out of these guys at some point today.

Yay, insane violent idiots from one side against insane violent idiots from the other side, that's gonna be....quite something.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

15 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Yay, insane violent idiots from one side against insane violent idiots from the other side, that's gonna be....quite something.

Well it may very well mirror the polar opposites the each party seems ready to elect.

There is nothing wrong with having a gun.   As long as the proper checks were made.  And hell.  Make it even harder. More background checks or whatnot.  But completley banning them will bring the country to chaos.   What happened when that crazy guy went to the church to shoot people.  He was stopped by a civilian with a gun.   Bad guys will always find ways to get guns whether you ban it, its not that hard to get a gun illegally.  However I had to go through alot when I got mine.  

7 minutes ago, Maxim Fastovsky said:

There is nothing wrong with having a gun.   As long as the proper checks were made.  And hell.  Make it even harder. More background checks or whatnot.  But completley banning them will bring the country to chaos.   What happened when that crazy guy went to the church to shoot people.  He was stopped by a civilian with a gun.   Bad guys will always find ways to get guns whether you ban it, its not that hard to get a gun illegally.  However I had to go through alot when I got mine.  

I have zero need for a gun. Most people that have a gun have zero need for a gun. I’ve offered a compromise to many gun owners, and many think that “I’m infringing on their liberties and rights”. I’d love to see all guns banned, but it’s not possible. So what I’d like to see, is everything besides single shot rifles and pistols banned. You also shouldn’t need more than 5 bullets in a clip. If you need more than 5 bullets to a hit a target, you aren’t qualified to be using a gun the first place. 

There should be no one who values a “gun’s rights” over our children’s rights to life. 

5 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

I have zero need for a gun. Most people that have a gun have zero need for a gun. I’ve offered a compromise to many gun owners, and many think that “I’m infringing on their liberties and rights”. I’d love to see all guns banned, but it’s not possible. So what I’d like to see, is everything besides single shot rifles and pistols banned. You also shouldn’t need more than 5 bullets in a clip. If you need more than 5 bullets to a hit a target, you aren’t qualified to be using a gun the first place. 

There should be no one who values a “gun’s rights” over our children’s rights to life. 

I have no problems with that.  I have one gun and no conceal carry.   So yes there is no need to have an armory in your house.   But in Virginia they want to go around and pick up everyone's guns.  It's not about limitation.  It's about picking up all of them.   

1 hour ago, Olympian1010 said:

So what I’d like to see, is everything besides single shot rifles and pistols banned. You also shouldn’t need more than 5 bullets in a clip. If you need more than 5 bullets to a hit a target, you aren’t qualified to be using a gun the first place. 

Completely agree. I mean, this is really not what a regular civilian needs. The fuck. One can only hope they are just trolling with some props, but you know, 'Murica.

Spoiler

richmond-gun-rally-ddba1da5462b921a511d1

a4459b9d-ee76-4021-8442-6c8965980444_114

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!