website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

6 minutes ago, Gianlu33 said:

So a citizen of a big city is less important than a citizen of a middle/small city?

Ah, the American democracy... Thanks God i'm European

And thank god I have a government that is generally working :p. I do admire the European model of Parliamentary democracy, but even most of your (Europeans) systems have major shortcomings as well. Democracy takes effort, which is so often why we don’t see it last.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 minute ago, Olympian1010 said:

Meant to say respectable upon further examine that statement, but yes, your statement is very true. Maybe I should rephrase it as, “I can’t see a respectable Democrat Centrist voting for Trump.”?

Of course, and a respectable Republican Centrist won't likely vote for Sanders :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

9 minutes ago, Gianlu33 said:

So a citizen of a big city is less important than a citizen of a middle/small city?

I could get behind this completely :cool:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

4 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Not many people that I know watch the debates, so I don’t know what difference that will make. The numbers will be interesting to see. I only consider the California polls because it’s relevant to my vote, and to the Democratic Primary. California’s primary now falls on Super Tuesday. We’re much earlier, and there’s more emphasis on winning votes here now. It also shows how different this state feels about our future compared to the rest of the country.

It is withough doubt questionable how much difference the debate wille make (Buttigieg gained about 1,6 points nationally after the october debate - haven't seen numbers on the november and december debates).

And yes, California is earlier and will actually mean something this year, but it's still pretty much all focus Iowa for almost all candidates (and pundits). 

I could absolutely see a big focus on California after Iowa (and maybe NH), but right now, not so much!

Chalk that up as the first one of the year :cry:. One student killed, one arrested. Thankfully, guns aren’t the issue here ?.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

7 hours ago, Agger said:

It is withough doubt questionable how much difference the debate wille make (Buttigieg gained about 1,6 points nationally after the october debate - haven't seen numbers on the november and december debates).

And yes, California is earlier and will actually mean something this year, but it's still pretty much all focus Iowa for almost all candidates (and pundits). 

I could absolutely see a big focus on California after Iowa (and maybe NH), but right now, not so much!

These entire primary debates take waaaay too long tbh. And there's little substance to them since the media focus on why there are no candidates of color or why women are supposedly at disadvantage. Not to mention the in-house fighting is useless when the enemy is sitting in the WH. This is just a gigantic waste of time. Unless you're a registered voter, most people actually make a decision right at the end of the campaign. There's a lot more emotion attached to these votes, nobody has time to analyze months of rallies or debates. Btw, Buttigieg would have a bigger chance if he run for Indiana governor first but WH is waaay above his league IMO. He kinda shot his load running for WH so early.

17 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

These entire primary debates take waaaay too long tbh. And there's little substance to them since the media focus on why there are no candidates of color or why women are supposedly at disadvantage. Not to mention the in-house fighting is useless when the enemy is sitting in the WH. This is just a gigantic waste of time. Unless you're a registered voter, most people actually make a decision right at the end of the campaign. There's a lot more emotion attached to these votes, nobody has time to analyze months of rallies or debates. Btw, Buttigieg would have a bigger chance if he run for Indiana governor first but WH is waaay above his league IMO. He kinda shot his load running for WH so early.

First off, POC and Women do have a major disadvantage, and the Oscars are once again clear recognition of that. 

Second, I think Buttigieg is someone who will stick around after this primary. He’ll be back.

13 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

First off, POC and Women do have a major disadvantage, and the Oscars are once again clear recognition of that. 

Second, I think Buttigieg is someone who will stick around after this primary. He’ll be back.

Oscars are a mess, nobody wants to host them again? There's just so much hypocrisy one can cover with jokes and even these comedians know it. It used to be a prime hosting gig, now nobody wants to touch it from a mile away.

Ricky Gervais roasted these schmucks at Golden Globes and I loved it. Finally someone who had the nerve to stick it to them. I bet he won't be invited for another hosting job again :p

Things change fast. Julian Castro stole the show during the Obama convention as the "future Obama" and he's a dead duck right now. Buttigieg will be a similar flame out before he turns 45yo IMO.

3 hours ago, dcro said:

Dude, next time try to put the right flag. :roflmao:

Who says he wasn't trying to show his love for Malaysia? :p