website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

2 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

It’s my belief that LA can host a successful edition of the Olympic Games. The NOlympics people are wrong in my opinion. I hope that our city does not let the “glory” or “prestige” of the games taint our wonderful society. The areas where the games will take place are completely safe, and fine venues. The city should worry more about traffic and venue security more than anything else.

Oh I have no doubt that l.a will do an awesome job.   And the venues generally in safe areas.  But if you think that they will leave the homeless the way they are.   Or ice wont go in and deport in a city where they and the feds will have control over on the run up to the olympics then you will be wrong. 

21 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Obama: had policies you don't agree with --> HE SHOULD GO TO JAIL

Trump: more or less admitting he's perfectly cool with sexual assault, a ton more claims against him, proven law breaker, impeachable offenses stacking up, being supported again and again and again by people who have nothing to gain (and some actually only having a lot to lose) by doing so --> "Nah no problem, it's a witchhunt!"

It's just really unbelievable.

Give me a break.  Did you see the ig report on the fisa files? Obama ordered an illegal surveillance of the trump campaign.   His VP made billions from Ukraine and should be locked up.    Obama was the worst president of all time.  Criminal who should be behind bars.   Trump have no impeachable offenses in this partisan impeachment that is bring brought forward just because they wont beat him in November and they know it.   And once they will impeach him.  Get ready because the court in senate will be really really fun.   Like I said. Red wave is coming and the dems will never forget the day they decided to put forward this scham.  We have been winning since november 2016 and we will keep winning all the way to 2024.   Bank on it

4 minutes ago, Maxim Fastovsky said:

Give me a break.  Did you see the ig report on the fisa files? Obama ordered an illegal surveillance of the trump campaign.   His VP made billions from Ukraine and should be locked up.    Obama was the worst president of all time.  Criminal who should be behind bars.   Trump have no impeachable offenses in this partisan impeachment that is bring brought forward just because they wont beat him in November and they know it.   And once they will impeach him.  Get ready because the court in senate will be really really fun.   Like I said. Red wave is coming and the dems will never forget the day they decided to put forward this scham.  We have been winning since november 2016 and we will keep winning all the way to 2024.   Bank on it

Oh no doubt Trump will win again, because Republicans just really, really don't care about laws, constitutions and a president who again and again - clearly proven - puts his personal interest so obviously above everything else. I have no doubt he'll win, and obviously he won't be removed from office in the Senate because, again, Republicans turn a blind eye to his proven impeachable offenses. Yes, plural.

Anyhow, talking to Republicans about Trump having committed impeachable offenses (it's just proven, again, and again) is like talking to someone who thinks a decade starts in year ...1: it's just utterly useless, like talking to a big brick wall - an actual wall, not Trump's baby fence of a wall.

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

12 minutes ago, Maxim Fastovsky said:

Unless you mean antelope valley.  But l.a county is definetly not a sanctuary county.  Just Santa clarita down the freeway from you are very much against sanctuary policies.    

Well my mayor is a lifetime to Republican so probably not, but my community college is, and they let kids sleep on campus and give them whatever assistance they need to pursue and education and remain in the US. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 hour ago, Maxim Fastovsky said:

Obama was the worst president of all time.  Criminal who should be behind bars.   Trump have no impeachable offenses in this partisan impeachment that is bring brought forward just because they wont beat him in November and they know it. 

:roflmao:

22 minutes ago, dcro said:

You clearly meant to say ...0 here.

Oh God, not again :facepalm::p. We’ve all learned our lesson about starting any topic with the word decade in it.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

17 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

@Monzanator The first and most basic skill your learn in communications is listening. You can’t learn anything if you don’t listen. So when people need someone to talk to I’m always there. I know the comings and goings of any organization I’m a part. I take what I learn about people, and think about it critically and often. I spend weeks coming up with real solutions to a problem. That is how the world should operate. It’s like in the Rio opening ceremony when they tell us to look for similarities, but embrace diversity. Just tonight arguing with Maxim I’ve already been correcting parts of my talking points, checking the facts of various claims, and learning how the opposition feels. Now the next time I argue/debate a Republican, I will now what their talking points will be, the counter arguments to it, and how to best combat the lies they may try to spread. You can learn a lot just from listening.

Just listening is so against the progressive ways though. Several of the liberals claim these people who were allegedly ignored have a right to speak now and should explore that option even beyond limits. How is listening progressive then? Nobody is debating Republicans anymore because everyone is happy to mock Trump every which way. You don't have to check any facts to claim Trump is a liar, clown and whatever else. It's the current flow of the game. Social media has rendered journalism as unreliable as ever. Nobody is waiting for the evening news or morning newspaper to check what's going on. Any story is fresh for 5 minutes and then it's just the usual back & forth in the comments section where everyone pretends to be right but it's only a trench warfare. One tweet can do more damage than hundreds of pages of newspaper editions. People don't really communicate anymore, one flawed emoji or a bad meme and you're getting swept under the hateful response. Not to mention people like Murdoch or Zuckerberg don't listen to anyone and simply control the world from their high castles :bye:

What does it take to file a lawsuit against someone in the international court? I’m 95% this breaks international law regarding asylum. Completely disgusting behavior.

“We” will send all immigrants to Honduras, including ones that have never set foot in the country before. Being as Honduras already fought a war with El Salvador over immigration, I feel this won’t end well...