website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

25 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Well, bye.

One of the worst flame outs in years. She was my favorite going in, but time and time again, she proved that she wasn’t the right choice. Primary battle will be between Warren, Sanders, Biden, Buttigieg, Booker. White educated voters will go for Buttigieg, Black voters most likely for Biden (but could choose to back Booker and make things interesting), white uneducated for Sanders/Warren. No idea where the Latino vote lies (but I’d guess Biden).

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

7 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

One of the worst flame outs in years. She was my favorite going in, but time and time again, she proved that she wasn’t the right choice. Primary battle will be between Warren, Sanders, Biden, Buttigieg, Booker. White educated voters will go for Buttigieg, Black voters most likely for Biden (but could choose to back Booker and make things interesting), white uneducated for Sanders/Warren. No idea where the Latino vote lies (but I’d guess Biden).

You don't think Booker will be among the next ones dropping out? He's still doing bad in the polls making the december debate unlikely

3 hours ago, Agger said:

You don't think Booker will be among the next ones dropping out? He's still doing bad in the polls making the december debate unlikely

People seem to think he’s going to make a surge. I don’t see it personally, but he’s definitely number 5 in order. I forgot to mention Yang in first post too. Yang might still have a fighting chance. He’ll need to stick around until the first primaries, and then do better than expected there.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Let's get realistic, there are only four somewhat realistic candidates and both Booker and Yang aren't one of them. If Booker has some crazy surge and quadruples his polling numbers (which would be a really crazy surge out of the blue), he's still not even in double digits.

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

8 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Let's get realistic, there are only four somewhat realistic candidates and both Booker and Yang aren't one of them. If Booker has some crazy surge and quadruples his polling numbers (which would be a really crazy surge out of the blue), he's still not even in double digits.

It’s still too early in my opinion. We’re still a few months out from the first primary, and a lot could change. Hopefully Biden says something racist, so my side of the party can win :p

Yang has a cult following. Much like Sanders. Yang will be dangerous.

55 minutes ago, LDOG said:

Biden will win easily and then he will lose to Trump. This is very predictable. 

Unfortunately, I agree. I’m afraid the nation is both dumb enough, and lacking a clear good candidate to beat that idiot. I fear what follows.

Attacks on the Media/press are bad. Luckily, these guys aren’t actually journalists, but conservative misinformation spreaders. I’m pro-Hong Kong, but China gets my gratitude this round.

Nothing like the leaders of :CAN :GBR :FRA palling it up, and bonding over their shared animosity for your president:facepalm: 

Edited by Olympian1010