website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

8 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

People who believe in the idea of a warlike jihad aren’t Muslims. They are terrorists. The Muslim religion should be one of peace, unfortunately modern leaders in that part of world have weaponized it as a political tool. Most Muslims I’ve meet don’t feel that way.

Christians are just as mad. Different book, different guy, same perversion.

Who claims Muslim religion should be about peace? That's wishful thinking. Christianity is several hundred years older than Islam. I'm sure you'd prefer 9/11 was masterminded by Christians and ISIS was a Christian organization but nope. Can't spin that fact. Liberals & atheists remain enraged they don't control the humanity like the Church does and that drives them nuts. You go out on the streets of Yemen and claim Islam is just a book and a perversion and you won't make it alive in like 20 seconds :lol:  That will give you the ultimate peace test.

Funny, an atheist is teaching people what "real Islam" or "real religion" in general is. The Mad Hatter would be proud of this logic :dunno:

8 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Who claims Muslim religion should be about peace? That's wishful thinking. Christianity is several hundred years older than Islam. I'm sure you'd prefer 9/11 was masterminded by Christians and ISIS was a Christian organization but nope. Can't spin that fact. Liberals & atheists remain enraged they don't control the humanity like the Church does and that drives them nuts. You go out on the streets of Yemen and claim Islam is just a book and a perversion and you won't make it alive in like 20 seconds :lol:  That will give you the ultimate peace test.

Funny, an atheist is teaching people what "real Islam" or "real religion" in general is. The Mad Hatter would be proud of this logic :dunno:

I’m going to deconstruct this one piece by piece 

8 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Who claims Muslim religion should be about peace? That's wishful thinking.

The Quran, like The Bible features violent themes, and doesn’t have verses that can be interrupted in a a bad way. However the main teaching of Islam is to submit to Allah (God’s will). It’s the problem with Islam is the same as Christianity. People interpret the message of the Quran differently, and it unfortunately has been used for evil. I was taught this at a Catholic school mind you.

11 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

I'm sure you'd prefer 9/11 was masterminded by Christians and ISIS was a Christian organization but nope. Can't spin that fact.

I’d prefer 9/11 never happened. The same way I wish the Holocaust never happened. That the Crusades never happened. The the inquisition never happened. That the Central African Genocide never happened. Unfortunately they did, and we should learn from our mistakes, and teach our kids the correct forms of our religions. The people who drove planes into the Twin Towers weren’t Muslims. They were terrorists who’d been tricked, and fully believed in perverse teachings of something resembling Islam.

15 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Liberals & atheists remain enraged they don't control the humanity like the Church does and that drives them nuts.

Admittedly this may be partially true in some aspects. I’m not atheist for the record, I’m agnostic. I choose to believe what I want based off the religious texts I’ve read and my own morals. Please do not confuse me with extremists. Our religious beliefs are probably more similar than different. I do hate the way religion controls people, and while one side of me wishes I could do the same, the other side of me (the light-side, the rational side) wishes that people can choose for themselves what they believe, and that they be given free will to choose how to live so long as it doesn’t interfere with other people’s free will.

19 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

You go out on the streets of Yemen and claim Islam is just a book and a perversion and you won't make it alive in like 20 seconds :lol:  That will give you the ultimate peace test.

I never said Islam is a book of perversion, and I’d never attack someone purely because of their faith. That war isn’t a war of religion either, so it wouldn’t matter much. Technically even if I was shot, beheaded, or otherwise “knocked off” I would live longer than 20 seconds if you take into consideration brain activity and heart beat.

27 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Funny, an atheist is teaching people what "real Islam" or "real religion" in general is.

One of the perks of Catholic schooling is a religious education. I also have had the privilege of taking with Rabbis, Monks, and Preachers. There is no such thing as “real Islam” per say, but there are definitely things that aren’t Islam. There is no “real religion” either. Religion is a series of ideas we convince ourselves is true, in order to try and justify the morbid reality of mortality. Religion is often used as a construct by those in power to plant ideas in the lower class that make them less likely to rebel, question, or challenge their leadership.

27 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

The Mad Hatter would be proud of this logic :dunno:

He was ultimately a hero and a savior so I’ll take this comparison as a compliment. His dark side took the best him for a while, and he lost his way, but ultimately his light side won out.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

@Olympian1010 Before this discussion goes further, you need to know this sentence - "the true Pole is a Catholic without all that Christian bullshit". It has nothing to do with being a "true Pole", but those who reserve for themselves such a namimg act exactly this way.

In fact I do not know, why wasn't a Polish Catholic Church separated from the Roman Church - its bishops and many believers have few common with a lessons of love given by Jesus Christ. 

1 minute ago, Vojthas said:

@Olympian1010 Before this discussion goes further, you need to know this sentence - "the true Pole is a Catholic without all that Christian bullshit". It has nothing to do with being a "true Pole", but those who reserve for themselves such a namimg act exactly this way.

In fact I do not know, why wasn't a Polish Catholic Church separated from the Roman Church - its bishops and many believers have few common with a lessons of love given by Jesus Christ. 

Well from my time in Catholic school I can tell you that most Catholic institutions have very little in common with the teachings of Jesus. The only religion remotely close to them by my judgement are the Lutherans (Reformed/Modern).

Edited by Olympian1010

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

53 minutes ago, Vojthas said:

Then again, why didn't the communists survive in power though? They sure didn't care about the Christian bullshit either yet lasted only 45 years before their unholy demise :mumble:

50 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Well from my time in Catholic school I can tell you that most Catholic institutions have very little in common with the teachings of Jesus. The only religion remotely close to them by my judgement are the Lutherans (Reformed/Modern).

Yes, it does seem so, still the Pope Francis does quite a good job (the question is how much he is able to do with a bunch of cardinals).

Just now, Monzanator said:

Then again, why didn't the communists survive in power though? They sure didn't care about the Christian bullshit either yet lasted only 45 years before their unholy demise :mumble:

What do you mean "didn't survive in power"? A communist prosecutor was elected a judge to the Polish Constitutional Court just about 50 hours ago.

Just now, Vojthas said:

Yes, it does seem so, still the Pope Francis does quite a good job (the question is how much he is able to do with a bunch of cardinals).

He’s an improvement, but even he has some issues.

3 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

I’m going to deconstruct this one piece by piece 

The Quran, like The Bible features violent themes, and doesn’t have verses that can be interrupted in a a bad way. However the main teaching of Islam is to submit to Allah (God’s will). It’s the problem with Islam is the same as Christianity. People interpret the message of the Quran differently, and it unfortunately has been used for evil. I was taught this at a Catholic school mind you.

I’d prefer 9/11 never happened. The same way I wish the Holocaust never happened. That the Crusades never happened. The the inquisition never happened. That the Central African Genocide never happened. Unfortunately they did, and we should learn from our mistakes, and teach our kids the correct forms of our religions. The people who drove planes into the Twin Towers weren’t Muslims. They were terrorists who’d been tricked, and fully believed in perverse teachings of something resembling Islam.

Admittedly this may be partially true in some aspects. I’m not atheist for the record, I’m agnostic. I choose to believe what I want based off the religious texts I’ve read and my own morals. Please do not confuse me with extremists. Our religious beliefs are probably more similar than different. I do hate the way religion controls people, and while one side of me wishes I could do the same, the other side of me (the light-side, the rational side) wishes that people can choose for themselves what they believe, and that they be given free will to choose how to live so long as it doesn’t interfere with other people’s free will.

I never said Islam is a book of perversion, and I’d never attack someone purely because of their faith. That war isn’t a war of religion either, so it wouldn’t matter much. Technically even if I was shot, beheaded, or otherwise “knocked off” I would live longer than 20 seconds if you take into consideration brain activity and heart beat.

One of the perks of Catholic schooling is a religious education. I also have had the privilege of taking with Rabbis, Monks, and Preachers. There is no such thing as “real Islam” per say, but there are definitely things that aren’t Islam. There is no “real religion” either. Religion is a series of ideas we convince ourselves is true, in order to try and justify the morbid reality of mortality. Religion is often used as a construct by those in power to plant ideas in the lower class that make them less likely to rebel, question, or challenge their leadership.

He was ultimately a hero and a savior so I’ll take this comparison as a compliment. His dark side took the best him for a while, and he lost his way, but ultimately his light side won out.

I don't need to speak to Monks, Rabbis or whomever else to realize religion is all about control over humanity. It's the same case as in monarchy which was largely ousted after WWI and very much so after WWII. All the decade-long Empires have fallen by the wayside y mid-20th century. The history of mankind is a history of war whether you like it or not. Reliogion is just a mean to justify the end. It dates back to ancient Egypt when some of the priests had more real power than the King (pharaoh). Humans are apex predators, they've gotten so good at developing guns they're too scared to use it. A nuclear end will get us to BC level again. 1% of the population owns 95% of its wealth & rescources. You can say religion has nothing to do with terrorism and Islam is for peace but that's the ultimate bullshit. Every religion can be used to trigger another global war in like 5 seconds regardless of the MeToo, Greta Thunberg & veganism crap. That's completely irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. Class warfare is core to humanity's existence since day one.

10 minutes ago, Vojthas said:

Pope Francis represents the Catholic minority since South America was dominated by the right-wing military juntas which opressed the Church so most Catholics from South America are actually leaning towards the left. Most Catholics elsewhere is obviously right-wing.

8 minutes ago, Vojthas said:

What do you mean "didn't survive in power"? A communist prosecutor was elected a judge to the Polish Constitutional Court just about 50 hours ago.

The Constitutional Court has no real power in Poland. It's not the Supreme Court of USA. The guy who you talk about avoided lustration in the early 90s and it's clearly Lech Walesa's fault. But he was afraid to be exposed as communist agent in the early 70s and others profited from that. Poland is the only former communist country that never banished former officials. We should have opened the UB archives in 1989/90 like Germans did with Stasi archives but of course Walesa made sure none of that happened. Poland is reaping the fruits of that decision even 30 years later.