website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

1 hour ago, Olympian1010 said:

We know the game we play, we just wish the rules were enforced ;)

There’s absolutely nothing wrong with journalists asking for the truth, no matter the costs. True journalists just want what’s best for people (and yes, we have slants because we too are human)

Rupert Murdoch would laugh in your face right there :lol: And he's just about the most powerful journalist in the world.

4 hours ago, Monzanator said:

Rupert Murdoch would laugh in your face right there :lol: And he's just about the most powerful journalist in the world.

Murdoch is NOT a journalist. He is a political player acting as one. Fox is actually registered as an entertainment company, and not a journalistic company.

It’s a serious insult to my passion that who’d consider him a journalist.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

It’s amazing. The debates that start in a community after a shooting. Debates on guns, race, mental health, death penalty, and social media. All of which will be key issues in the 2020 election in a very purple district.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

35 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Murdoch is NOT a journalist. He is a political player acting as one. Fox is actually registered as an entertainment company, and not a journalistic company.

It’s a serious insult to my passion that who’d consider him a journalist.

Of course he is a journalist. He controls what his newspapers publish. He owns New York Post for 40 years just for starters and his empire has grown so much it's an entertainment business now. He's the modern day Randolph Hearst. You can't talk journalism and dismiss Murdoch as "political player" because it's not true.

Not sure if anyone here has mentioned it yet but the Australian liberal government is ignoring climate change was responsible for the massive wildfires we've been having that are contributing to the genocide of thousands of national furna and wildlife.

And they've put massive cuts into the fire services in our country.

They gave drought relief funds to people not effected by the drought.

36 minutes ago, KingOfTheRhinos said:

Not sure if anyone here has mentioned it yet but the Australian liberal government is ignoring climate change was responsible for the massive wildfires we've been having that are contributing to the genocide of thousands of national furna and wildlife.

Wildfires are like a common thing for centuries though? How can you pin the latest one on climate changes? It's a nonsense assumption.

2 hours ago, Monzanator said:

Of course he is a journalist. He controls what his newspapers publish. He owns New York Post for 40 years just for starters and his empire has grown so much it's an entertainment business now. He's the modern day Randolph Hearst. You can't talk journalism and dismiss Murdoch as "political player" because it's not true.

Hearst was NOT a journalist either. They are men that buy out struggling outlets, and then use them as political tools. Murdoch (and Hearst) were never trained in journalism or communications, and neither worked as a journalist. Journalists are pawns in a political game for them. That is not how my profession should work. They are dictators. There is little difference between Mussolini and them (besides they belong to opposing sides of the political problem). I fact, Mussolini was an actual journalist, so is more qualified than those two idiots. 

Hearst and Murdoch are the definition of fake news. I know I called Poland a land of racist pricks, but calling Murdoch and Hearst journalists is more of an insult (and less true)

1 hour ago, KingOfTheRhinos said:

Aren’t the conservatives in power. I thought Turnbull was a conservative. To be honest, I’m not a familiar with my politics Down Under as I should be.

52 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Hearst was NOT a journalist either. They are men that buy out struggling outlets, and then use them as political tools. Murdoch (and Hearst) were never trained in journalism or communications, and neither worked as a journalist. Journalists are pawns in a political game for them. That is not how my profession should work. They are dictators. There is little difference between Mussolini and them (besides they belong to opposing sides of the political problem). I fact, Mussolini was an actual journalist, so is more qualified than those two idiots. 

Hearst and Murdoch are the definition of fake news. I know I called Poland a land of racist pricks, but calling Murdoch and Hearst journalists is more of an insult (and less true)

Get out of your idealistic bubble and smell the coffee, mate. I suppose you were really born in the wrong century. Murdoch IS the news and has more influence than 99.99% of people living on this planet.