website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

13 hours ago, Vojthas said:

So the athletics wasn't supposed to be at Népstadion?

Nope, the new Puskás Arena can't function as an athletics stadium, it doesn't have a running track. They want to build another new stadium for athletics: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Athletics_Centre_(Budapest)

13 hours ago, intoronto said:

So far from the east:

Liberals have lost 8 seats

Conservatives have gained 6

Liberals are at 25, Conservatives at 6, NDP 1, Green, 1 

Live tracker for those interested:https://newsinteractives.cbc.ca/elections/federal/2019/results/

----

What I find interesting is German tv has a reporter that has followed the entire campaign trail, didn't know Canadian politics was this interesting lol :P

From what I read the big winner last night was The Bloc. Also, quite a few political pundits saying that Quebec may leave Canada, and Alberta and Saskatchewan may leave Canada. 

Overall, Trudeau stays PM, but with weakened power. I’m also happy to see that the PPC did terribly. The Greens also got a mighty 3 seats :p

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Lebanon has been seeing major protests this week. However, unlike the continent of South America, there’s have stayed more peaceful. They’ve labeled themselves as “the happiest depressed people”, and made their movement a peaceful one. I think this video sums up a good way to find light hearted moments in protests:

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

2 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

From what I read the big winner last night was The Bloc. Also, quite a few political pundits saying that Quebec may leave Canada, and Alberta and Saskatchewan may leave Canada. 

Overall, Trudeau stays PM, but with weakened power. I’m also happy to see that the PPC did terribly. The Greens also got a mighty 3 seats :p

None of these provinces are going to leave Canada - but I predict that a right-wing populist party from the West could emerge. People in Alberta are even more insufferable than those in Trump-land in the Southern US. 

11 minutes ago, ofan said:

None of these provinces are going to leave Canada - but I predict that a right-wing populist party from the West could emerge. People in Alberta are even more insufferable than those in Trump-land in the Southern US. 

Yeah, I’m getting a sense that Canada is becoming much more sectarian. Quebec is peak Quebec right now. The West ain’t happy, and the East is chill. Pretty soon our North v. South v. West Coast, will be your French v. West v. East.

On 22/10/2019 at 04:14, intoronto said:

So far from the east:

Liberals have lost 8 seats

Conservatives have gained 6

Liberals are at 25, Conservatives at 6, NDP 1, Green, 1 

Live tracker for those interested:https://newsinteractives.cbc.ca/elections/federal/2019/results/

----

What I find interesting is German tv has a reporter that has followed the entire campaign trail, didn't know Canadian politics was this interesting lol :P

On 22/10/2019 at 17:25, Olympian1010 said:

On 22/10/2019 at 20:21, ofan said:

Now there is going to be a coalition government? 

5 hours ago, George_D said:

Now there is going to be a coalition government? 

Likely not. It will probably be a Liberal minority for as long as they can keep support, with the NDP and Bloc holding the balance of power. There's never been a coalition before. 

Joko Widodo officially began his second term as President of Indonesia by appointing ministers to his cabinet this week. For Minister of Defense we have.... the other presidential candidate who has been trying to topple him for years. Almost all of the opposition party get sucked in to the governing coalition except one party.

The hardcore fanboys of both sides now confused. How come these sworn enemies unite in one government?

:lol: