website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

2 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

What’s a Khalistani? I’ve never heard of that. 

Khalistan is a violent Sikh separatist movement based out of mainly Canada and UK. It gained traction in India in late 70s and reached its peak in 80s and early 90s. Since then, the movement has petered out in India but still has large support in overseas Sikhs. During its peak, apart from the numerous terrorist attacks in India, including assassination of Indian PM and Punjab CM, the movement was also responsible for Kanishka bombing in which a Boeing 747 was bombed mid-air killing more than 300 innocent people (majority of them were Canadian citizens).

Also, worth noting is that Khalistani movement talks about an independent Sikh nation out of Indian Punjab, where Sikhs are in majority and have all rights while keeping mum on the various atrocities committed on Sikhs in Pakistan. The Khalistan that they talk about doesn't even include the Pakistani portion of Punjab, which has Nankana Sahib, birthplace of Guru Nanak and Lahore, the capital of the greatest Sikh ruler, Maharaja Ranjit Singhji. 

If Jagmeet Singh was just a supporter of an independent Sikh state, I would have had only some reservation about him. But, he regularly attends events where portraits of people convicted of political murders are prominently displayed. He has even refused to denounce Talwinder Parmar, person widely regarded as mastermind of Kanishka bombind. Also, you cannot be a vocal supporter of dismemberment of another democracy while aiming for the top spot in a democracy. India is a sovereign nation, whatever problems we have, we will solve ourselves. A Canadian PM trying to stoke separatist movement in India, is simply not acceptable. 

On 17/10/2019 at 19:56, Olympian1010 said:

Tradition is dangerous. If we got by the principals of tradition, there is not Polish state. You’d be Lithuanian or German right now (which isn’t bad tbh)

In 966 Polish prince Mieszko got christened - that is to be said a moment of creating the country on a historical timeline. Please, remind me, when was the Declaration of Independence announced? 4th of July 1776? That gives us (as far as I count correctly) 780 years of difference.

3 hours ago, Vojthas said:

In 966 Polish prince Mieszko got christened - that is to be said a moment of creating the country on a historical timeline. Please, remind me, when was the Declaration of Independence announced? 4th of July 1776? That gives us (as far as I count correctly) 780 years of difference.

An remind how often your timeline was interrupted by countries successfully taking your land? :p

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Just now, Olympian1010 said:

An remind how often your timeline was interrupted by countries successfully taking your land? :p

Once - 1795 for 123 years (out of 1053). Maybe you can count also the occupation during the WWII - it's just 5,5 years between September 1939 and May 1945. But you are young, you might not remember that.

Just now, Vojthas said:

Once - 1795 for 123 years (out of 1053). Maybe you can count also the occupation during the WWII - it's just 5,5 years between September 1939 and May 1945. But you are young, you might not remember that.

Hey, you’re not that much older than me sir! I guess you’re considering Poland as a equal region in the Lithuanian Commonwealth? 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Just now, Olympian1010 said:

Hey, you’re not that much older than me sir! I guess you’re considering Poland as a equal region in the Lithuanian Commonwealth? 

You mean Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth, formally known as Crown of the Kingdom of Poland and the Grand Duchy of Lithuania which changed to Commonwealth of Poland with the Constitution of 3rd May 1791?

1 hour ago, Vojthas said:

You mean Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth, formally known as Crown of the Kingdom of Poland and the Grand Duchy of Lithuania which changed to Commonwealth of Poland with the Constitution of 3rd May 1791?

It's pointless talking to this guy since he pretends to know more about Polish history than we do yet he doesn't even recognize the difference between Russia & Lithuania. So I wouldn't trust him to recognize a difference between Kingdom & Grand Duchy either. Plus he thinks all Poles are racist pricks so there is that. 

41 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Plus he thinks all Poles are racist pricks so there is that

Maybe I shouldn't say so, but he's about 50% correct - about half of our nation are racist pricks. Or "at least" xenophobic pricks. But that's only half.