website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

Just now, Monzanator said:

I'm sorry but you are fundamentally wrong on the Kurds matter. Ever since the 1984 uprising, Turkey has declared the Kurds as terrorists so that closes that discussion. The Ottoman Empire has been the primary force in the region since the fall of Konstantinopole in 1453 and Turkey is their lawful heir. Even the USA can't do anything about that and like I've mentioned before, USA needs those military bases to have something to scribble on when it comes to Middle East control.

The Kurds are the largest ethnic group in the Middle East without laws/land/traditions to govern themselves. They deserve equal representation on the international level. They’ve also proved for the last 20 years that they’re capable of running a peace/tolerant nation. Again, I said that the Kurds wouldn’t get Turkish land under my terms. They get the land they defended and saved from ISIS. 

Tradition is dangerous. If we got by the principals of tradition, there is not Polish state. You’d be Lithuanian or German right now (which isn’t bad tbh)

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

35 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

The Kurds are the largest ethnic group in the Middle East without laws/land/traditions to govern themselves. They deserve equal representation on the international level. They’ve also proved for the last 20 years that they’re capable of running a peace/tolerant nation. Again, I said that the Kurds wouldn’t get Turkish land under my terms. They get the land they defended and saved from ISIS. 

Tradition is dangerous. If we got by the principals of tradition, there is not Polish state. You’d be Lithuanian or German right now (which isn’t bad tbh)

Yeah, I know you're anti-Polish so your words don't surprise me. USA always wants to control everything and speaks from the position of power no matter if right- or left-wing. If tradition is so bad then why is your country named after an Italian merchant in first place? :lol: However your history lessons need a fact-check, the Kievan Rus was the dominant Eastern Power long before Lithuania even became a state. Poland was always divided by Russia & Germany and not by Lithuania so you're clearly wrong about that.

That ISIS land formally belongs to Syria so there's no way around that. The Kurds & Palestinians are riding on the same boat. Nobody will grant them a right to have an independent state no matter how liberal and socially just they are :p

Very interesting video:

However some major players like the Haredi and Islamists were left out of the conversation. They did ask great questions though. I tend to agree with many of the people here expect for Ran. My response to his “We need only an Israeli state” is “We only need a Palestinian state”.   

The IDF and Hamas are equally as guilty and bad in my opinion. The PA isn’t much better. I totally commend everyone on this video for their very inciteful opinions on the big issues. To answer a few of the questions. 

I used to believe and two stare solutions and still do, but I favor the Palestinian cause now. When meet with violence, or repression; violence is an acceptable means of achieving a goal. It’s not Israeli land, but they’re not safe anywhere else, so they need it. I might add some later.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Safe to say Catalonia still doesn’t quite like it should be a part of Spain:

Anyone for Brexit?

I am,the referendum said so..nuff said.

Will Boris bring it through the asylum known as the english parliament tomorrow?

I hope so.

If not,this one beacon of democracy that is/was Britain turns their lights off.

You british needs politicians that is representative of your will in the future,

This whole Brexit affair has been one poor showing.

The referendum was made,only to be taken hostage by your representatives,

I´m sorry..it´s just not good enough in the year 2019.

We need to stand up for democracy..vote those liying bags out at first opportunity..no matter Tory or Labour.

Bye bye Corbyn,,an impossible man with impossible ideas..now and forever.

1 hour ago, Blue Swede said:

Anyone for Brexit?

I am,the referendum said so..nuff said.

Will Boris bring it through the asylum known as the english parliament tomorrow?

I hope so.

If not,this one beacon of democracy that is/was Britain turns their lights off.

You british needs politicians that is representative of your will in the future,

This whole Brexit affair has been one poor showing.

The referendum was made,only to be taken hostage by your representatives,

I´m sorry..it´s just not good enough in the year 2019.

We need to stand up for democracy..vote those liying bags out at first opportunity..no matter Tory or Labour.

Bye bye Corbyn,,an impossible man with impossible ideas..now and forever.

Same thing goes for the lying piece of crappy actor that is Johnson.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!