website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

It is expected that Turkey will launch their military offensive into Syria within the next 24 hours. The SDF and international monitors are expecting deaths in the thousands. It will be a very, very bloody battle. The Kurds are Erdogan’s Uighurs. This may well be the biggest betrayal of an American ally in history. This may be Trump’s most damaging mistake in office. What an idiot! Their blood is on his hands.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

43 minutes ago, VolleyRuller96 said:

Turkey started bombing Kurd locations in Syria :sick:

Absolutely disgusting and disgraceful. It’s a shame that coup didn’t work out.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

We are three days into this week. So far in US politics 1) NBA gave into Chinese demands that NBA players, staff, and other associates be silenced about their political views about China, Hong Kong, or Xi Jingping. 2) Blizzard a video game developer found itself in the exact same place as the NBA launching a huge gaming movement to #BoycottBlizzard. 3) Trump abandoned our Kurdish allies in Syria. 4) Trump then also stated that he won’t cooperate with the impeachment proceedings. 5) Finally, today the public learned about Matt Lauer’s rape of a fellow NBC employee during the 2014 Winter Olympics.

I mean if this has been the news cycle in the first 3 (3 days!) days of the week, I really can’t wait to see what the next 4 have in store for us.

Anyone who follows this guy obviously hasn’t read the Bible. “Christians” :facepalm:

Edited by Olympian1010

3 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

We are three days into this week. So far in US politics 1) NBA gave into Chinese demands that NBA players, staff, and other associates be silenced about their political views about China, Hong Kong, or Xi Jingping. 2) Blizzard a video game developer found itself in the exact same place as the NBA launching a huge gaming movement to #BoycottBlizzard. 3) Trump abandoned our Kurdish allies in Syria. 4) Trump then also stated that he won’t cooperate with the impeachment proceedings. 5) Finally, today the public learned about Matt Lauer’s rape of a fellow NBC employee during the 2014 Winter Olympics.

I mean if this has been the news cycle in the first 3 (3 days!) days of the week, I really can’t wait to see what the next 4 have in store for us.

Money talks. China is the biggest market out there to conquer while teams like Memphis or Sacramento create zero buzz even in their own country. You get more bucks selling Rockets in China than Kings in California... and it's over?

Hell, Zion had all the hype in college and NO is still a football town. Sean Payton has more value in that city than Zion. Pro sports is about entertainment not politics. Daryl Morey potentially cost NBA hundreds of millions of dollars, I bet Adam Silver must be royally pissed over what happened there.

Just now, Monzanator said:

Money talks. China is the biggest market out there to conquer while teams like Memphis or Sacramento create zero buzz even in their own country. You get more bucks selling Rockets in China than Kings in California... and it's over?

Hell, Zion had all the hype in college and NO is still a football town. Sean Payton has more value in that city than Zion. Pro sports is about entertainment not politics. Daryl Morey potentially cost NBA hundreds of millions of dollars, I bet Adam Silver must be royally pissed over what happened there.

Right Basketball is so insanely popular in China that the Chinese government wouldn’t be able to erase it. You can’t make a sport 8 million people watch and more than that play disappear in a day. I don’t think the Chinese people would care quite frequently, but sometimes values are more important than money. I’d rather be homeless than rich if I knew I’d done something that made a difference for people.

Trump proving once again that he honestly probably wouldn’t have passed high school. We fucked the Kurds over by leaving without a country after the UK pulled out of Iraq and Syria in the 50s and 60s. They weren’t fighting with us a Normandy because it was logistically impossible at the time, and they were fighting the Axis is the Middle East.

Also Trump deciding to try and worsen our relationship with the UK during the same press meeting.