website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

And there you go, posts like these are why you're not going to be allowed to leave the forum. We very much need someone to 'keep us in touch' a little with insanely complicated situations like this, from a side we don't normally see that much.

Sorry dude, you're stuck here. Like it or not.

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Dammit! Trudeau is racist :(. There goes the one world leader I liked :(. Time to find my new favorite progressive. 

Going from liking a world leader to dropping him entirely because of a photo. 2019, lol.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

58 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Going from liking a world leader to dropping him entirely because of a photo. 2019, lol.

I was joking a bit there. I still like him, but now I’ll just hyper question his interactions with minorities. As I said, he’s different than the other cases because he’s worked hard to make Canada a better place for minorities.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 hour ago, CestaKago said:

You were very close except for the fact that I never tought at university and I don't teach right now. :p Or, as Peter Sellers said in "The Party": "You shoot me right in the pantaloon partner." :d

I’m a bit surprised. Generally someone that good at history is a professor. I knew what you were talking about, but I wouldn’t have held a candle to your knowledge. Your bio said teacher, so I assumed professor. What do you do if you don’t mind me asking? 

P.S You speak very good English for a Romanian.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Just now, Olympian1010 said:

I was joking a bit there. I still like him, but now I’ll just hyper question his interactions with minorities. As I said, he’s different than the other cases because he’s worked hard to make Canada a better place for minorities.

I'm sure him acting in a play where he had black paint on his face won't make his stance towards minorities any different. At all. As in, 0%. 

I hope he won't waste too much energy on this, I'm sure running a country involves a lot more serious issues.

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

Sorry dude, you're stuck here. Like it or not.

We all float down here ???

9 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I'm sure him acting in a play where he had black paint on his face won't make his stance towards minorities any different. At all. As in, 0%. 

I hope he won't waste too much energy on this, I'm sure running a country involves a lot more serious issues.

Right, that’s why I let it slide (the second point). He’s done great work for improving Canada. He’s accepted many Arab refugees as of late, and he’s worked on Native American relations. In this case, I’d like for him to stay.

Now if he’d not worked for a more inclusive Canada, and had not improved the lives of those he portrayed in an over-the-Top cartoon manner. I’d have a big problem.

19 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Right, that’s why I let it slide (the second point). He’s done great work for improving Canada. He’s accepted many Arab refugees as of late, and he’s worked on Native American relations. In this case, I’d like for him to stay.

Now if he’d not worked for a more inclusive Canada, and had not improved the lives of those he portrayed in an over-the-Top cartoon manner. I’d have a big problem.

Ok :) 

Two big news from Indonesia:

1. Our Sports Minister is charged with bribery,     he has now stepped down (after congratulating sambo athletes earlier that day)

2. The parliament is preparing a bill to revise the criminal code (current version is inherited from the 1918 Wetboek van Strafrecht voor Nederlandsch-Indie) which includes new "interesting" articles such as:

• In addition of the ban on spreading communism and Marxism, spreading atheist and agnostic views or inciting people to stop believing religions are now punishable (4 years in prison)
  • Any form of abortion is now punishable (the new article said that "asking/giving consent for abortion" is punishable thus conflicting with the legal exception for health reasons or rape victims)
  • Performing black magic is now punishable for 3 years in prison, bonus 1 year if the damage is financial :lol:
  • Showing, advertising, or offering contraceptives to children is now punishable by law (except for certified officials)
  • Cohabitating is now punishable if someone reports you :wacko:
  • Minimum prison sentence for corruption is now only 2 years (instead of 4)
  • Anti defamation law has been modified, which made it possible for journalists to be jailed because the subject did not like their article or felt attacked by it.

Looks like I have to make a long-term plan to live somewhere else