website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

As I said a few weeks ago during hurricane Dorian. I wouldn’t have been worried about my health during the storm because the US has prepared well for such events after the San Francisco Earthquake and Hurricane Katerina. I worry most about being gunned down in a store or at school, wether or not my friends will be deported or shot by the police, and wether I will have healthcare in a few years. I worry a lot about the last one. That last one and the first one are my main reasons that I’m really contemplating immigration to Canada, Australia, or the EU. Here’s a heart wrenching moment from a Bernie Sanders town hall today: 

As one of the three largest economies in the world and arguably one of the three most powerful countries, it shouldn’t be impossible to make sure people, let alone our brave vets, have healthcare.

I’d also again remind our community members and users that I’m here should you need someone to talk to about mental health.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

In more local Californian politics anti-vaccine protestors threw menstrual blood all over our state senators:

Problem in American #3,000,000: People who don’t vaccinate their kids put us all in danger. It’s honestly a very cruel form of child endangerment, and it should be punished with a large fine or even some jail time by state law. Vaccinate Your Kids!

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

6 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

I also hate how the party won’t like them go after each other during the debate. 

If think realistically its Biden v. winner of Sanders v. Warren. Warren’s and Sander’s supporters will most likely support one or the other in my opinion.

I totally agree with you on the candidates doing to much in the primaries by the way.

Interestingly polling (fivethirtyeight) show* more Warren-supporters considering Biden than Sanders. Im general there have been quite a few mentions of the death of the idea of "lanes" and I'm not so sure that Sanders would get much more of the Warren supporters than Biden if she ends up dropping out.

Just now, Agger said:

Interestingly polling (fivethirtyeight) show* more Warren-supporters considering Biden than Sanders. Im general there have been quite a few mentions of the death of the idea of "lanes" and I'm not so sure that Sanders would get much more of the Warren supporters than Biden if she ends up dropping out.

The main problem is will Sanders votes just screw over the party like in 2016. Many democrats essentially boycotted the election. Now that Bernie has even larger support, I’m worried it could be a catastrophe. I’m not thrilled that Biden might win ten nomination, he doesn’t get me up in the morning, but he’s still better than Trump I guess.

1 hour ago, Olympian1010 said:

In more local Californian politics anti-vaccine protestors threw menstrual blood all over our state senators:

Problem in American #3,000,000: People who don’t vaccinate their kids put us all in danger. It’s honestly a very cruel form of child endangerment, and it should be punished with a large fine or even some jail time by state law. Vaccinate Your Kids!

This Ben Christopher is not very familiar with women?

Says it appears to be red food coloring, turns out to be menstrual blood. 'Lol'.

And yeah, the non-American-but-everywhere-problem of people not vaccinating their children annoys me to no avail. It's not even about one's own kids, they're threatening all the kids their kids come in contact with and so on.

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

The first exit polls in Tunisia’s presidential elections suggest a shock victory for two political outsiders

law professor Kaïs Saïed and media mogul Nabil Karoui, who is on remand in prison on corruption charges he denies.

The early results indicate that faced with widespread disillusion over the country’s progress in the past eight years since its revolution, Tunisians have rejected politicians associated with the country’s two main political trends who have dominated for the last years, including the moderate Islamist Ennahda party.

The poll, conducted by Sigma Conseil, suggested neither candidate had sufficient votes to declare victory outright, meaning they will both go into a runoff.

The projection gives Saïed, a constitutional law professor without a party, 19.5% of the vote and Karoui 15.5%.

Ranking third was the Ennahda-backed candidate Abdelfattah Mourou on 11%.

They faced a crowded field of 26 candidates, who also included the prime minister, Youssef Chahed.

A spokesman for Karoui was quick to declare that the candidate would advance to the next round. “Today Tunisians said their word and wanted to change the power system … we have to respect the will of the people … Nabil Karoui will be in the second round … we won,” Hatem Mliki told reporters.

Saïed, a conservative, told Radio Mosaique: “My win brings a big responsibility to change frustration to hope … it is a new step in Tunisian history … it is like a new revolution.”

51 minutes ago, amen09 said:

Image result for sigma conseil

Top 5

Kais Saied 19.5 %  (Huge surprise ,  without a party ! )

Nabil Karoui 15.5 %(tunisia's berlusconi :facepalm:)  
Abdelfatteh Mourou 11 % 

Abdelkrim Zebidi 9,4 %

youcef Chahed 7,5 %

The most important: are you happy with the results?