website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

8 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

I did do some further reading as I definitely agree that he had a role to play in the Genocide. It’s unfortunate because I’m his early career and later in his life he showed much promise, but it just never materialized. What he did to the white minority is unfortunate, but I also think part of it was their fault. 

In terms of him being a war criminal, I’d say a case could be made. I will say that to be a African leader, war criminal is almost a must unfortunately. I think sometimes it’s not always fear to blame a leader too. Sometimes they do try to control their paramilitary and fail. I’d say that isn’t the case for him though. He definitely carried out a preemptive strike on a potential challenge in a very wrong and inhumane way.

How the hell was it their fault  ?

Just now, penthatlonfan said:

How the hell was it their fault  ?

I mean they seriously oppressed these people for 150 years. They locked up anyone who spoke out against them, and didn’t ever treat Black Africans as equals. In a way, I’d consider stripping them of their land as reparations.

Edited by Olympian1010

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Just now, Olympian1010 said:

I mean they seriously oppressed these people for 150 years. They locked up anyone who spoke out against them, and didn’t ever treat Black Africans as equals. I a way, I’d consider stripping them of their land as reparations.

Again, the thing is: they were the farmers with actual knowledge, who actually knew what they were doing. Sure, reparations etc, but by doing so, everyone (except for his supporters I guess) could see from a thousand miles away there were huge problems incoming. Mugabe doomed everyone in Zimbabwe, black or white, with those actions.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

I mean they seriously oppressed these people for 150 years. They locked up anyone who spoke out against them, and didn’t ever treat Black Africans as equals. In a way, I’d consider stripping them of their land as reparations.

So the people who are alive now , WHO DIND T DO THAT ,  deserve to be stripped of there land , also  why should people who dind t do that have to pay reperations  for somrthing their ancesters did  

So the people who are alive now , WHO DIND T DO THAT ,  deserve to be stripped of there land , also  why should people who dind t do that have to pay reperations  for somrthing their ancesters did  

In most cases it wasn’t their ancestors. Mugabe stripped the Whites of land in the early 2000s. That was only 20 years after the end of apartheid in Zimbabwe.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

In most cases it wasn’t their ancestors. Mugabe stripped the Whites of land in the early 2000s. That was only 20 years after the end of apartheid in Zimbabwe.

what was the point of stripping the land and causing as much of a disaster as he did ?

what was the point of stripping the land and causing as much of a disaster as he did ?

For many Zimbabweans retribution. The whites took their land and resources, and abused them for a century. Mugabe was a big proponent of Africa for Africans.

yeah and a lot of good that did for them right , considering that without the white farmers , they all starved , since the blacks dind t know how to farm.

That’s a pretty racist statement. They farmed those lands for thousands of years. They may not farm the “European” way, but they knew what they were doing.