website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

and another year passed.

it´s 51 years now from the night of 20-21 August and the coward occupation of the warsaw Pact armies under the control of USSR of Czechoslovakia during the night.

destroying and stopping the hope of liberalization of millions of czechs and slovaks  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warsaw_Pact_invasion_of_Czechoslovakia

#neverforget

August-1968.jpg

46330_21-august-1968-vpad-vojsk-Varsavsk

Guys it’s all good, Bolsonaro has cracked the mystery of the Amazon fires. They were started by NGOs he claimed. Now, what’s his evidence you might ask? None, no evidence, but by God we should believe him and blame the indigenous people’s while were at it. 

Maybe if we’re lucky he’ll die from smoke inhalation :dunno:

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

6 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Guys it’s all good, Bolsonaro has cracked the mystery of the Amazon fires. They were started by NGOs he claimed. Now, what’s his evidence you might ask? None, no evidence, but by God we should believe him and blame the indigenous people’s while were at it. 

Maybe if we’re lucky he’ll die from smoke inhalation :dunno:

It's a circus. Each day Brazil is getting worse. Maybe people need the suffering so that in four years they elect someone else.

1 hour ago, vinipereira said:

It's a circus. Each day Brazil is getting worse. Maybe people need the suffering so that in four years they elect someone else.

I could not have chosen a much worse time to go, could I? Bought my ticket today, arriving in Brazil on September 25th :p In São Paulo, I hope the lights are back on by then...(and ideally someone kicked Bolsonaro out but that's not gonna happen within a month obviously...also, if it does, I can't imagine that would be much cause for peace)

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

26 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I could not have chosen a much worse time to go, could I? Bought my ticket today, arriving in Brazil on September 25th :p In São Paulo, I hope the lights are back on by then...(and ideally someone kicked Bolsonaro out but that's not gonna happen within a month obviously...also, if it does, I can't imagine that would be much cause for peace)

Well, I hope you have a good time even though Brazil's situation is unstable right now. I highly doubt Bozo will be kicked out anytime soon. He might even be reelected in 2022.

Anyway, first page of Globo site says it all. The president is being trashed by Europe leaders and now his fans can't say anymore that he's beloved by the world :rolleyes:

brazilshame.png

Just now, vinipereira said:

Anyway, first page of Globo site says it all. The president is being trashed by Europe leaders and now his fans can't say anymore that he's beloved by the world :rolleyes:

GX7Owpa.png

Maybe while they're at it, they can tell Bolsonaro he seriously needs to rake his forests. I mean, you gotta rake those forests to avoid fires. He seems stupid enough to believe it.

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

55 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

GX7Owpa.png

Maybe while they're at it, they can tell Bolsonaro he seriously needs to rake his forests. I mean, you gotta rake those forests to avoid fires. He seems stupid enough to believe it.

That’s what we do in the US :p. World Leaders are such fucking idiots right now.

It’s honestly like half the world is having a competition to see can screw their country and humanity over more. The 2020-2022 election cycle will hopefully bring some change (Plus, a few coups in undemocratic nations would be nice too)

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Just now, Olympian1010 said:

That’s what we do in the US :p. World Leaders are such fucking idiots right now.

It’s honestly like half the world is having a competition to see can screw their country and humanity over more. The 2020-2022 election cycle will hopefully bring some change (Plus, a few coups in undemocratic nations would be nice too)

Coups end up in riots, death and civil war way too often for me to be happy about them..