website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

some morons from the Russian communist party will try in the next days to enact the law justifying the occupation of Czechoslovakia in August 1968, calling it a helpful and necessary act to protect. Also to legitimate the "veterans" who invaded Czechoslovakia like cougars during the night and stayd here the fucking 23 years...

Unbelievable, the arrogance of some peoples ! but ofc this will ceratinly never pass... even if with Russia, you know... you never know...

They already tried it once few years ago but failed since anyone apart the communist party voted for that...

Anyway, the :CZE and :SVK diplomacy already threatened that if this proposal will pass and will be approved by the Russian parliament, both countries will consider their next moves, the first one will be immediate recall of ambassadors from Moscow...

16 minutes ago, hckosice said:

some morons from the Russian communist party will try in the next days to enact the law justifying the occupation of Czechoslovakia in August 1968, calling it a helpful and necessary act to protect. Also to legitimate the "veterans" who invaded Czechoslovakia like cougars during the night and stayd here the fucking 23 years...

Unbelievable, the arrogance of some peoples ! but ofc this will ceratinly never pass... even if with Russia, you know... you never know...

They already tried it once few years ago but failed since anyone apart the communist party voted for that...

Anyway, the :CZE and :SVK diplomacy already threatened that if this proposal will pass and will be approved by the Russian parliament, both countries will consider their next moves, the first one will be immediate recall of ambassadors from Moscow...

Sadly I really don't think Moscow cares much about ambassadors from countries like that (or the Netherlands or *insert any random small country*) being recalled.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Occasionally I write a poem I become very found of. The following is a political poem about asylum seeker and refugees, inspired by the argument presented in Capernaum.

Sanctuary

I am no one,

I matter to none.

They bomb my house

My country is like an outhouse,

Full of shit.

It’s split.

At the seams where people tear,

Each other apart without care.

The soldiers shoot the innocent.

War is their sad little instrument.

They play an tune of death,

And sell large amounts of meth.

I want a better life,

Away from all this strife.

One where I can actually live past ten.

One where I can play again.

One where I don’t live in fear,

Where imagination is my only frontier.

I want to live.

These “refugees” take our jobs.

I don’t really feel a need to sob.

Who are they to steal the American dream?

They all just want to sit around and eat ice cream.

They are lazy,

And their “truths” are all so hazy.

How am I supposed to sell a house?

I’m caught in a political trap like a mouse.

Ah, I’ve got it!

Parent with child, make em’ split.

Asylum seekers at my gate

I’ll disseminate hate.

“Build that wall!” I’ll yell.

Then we’ll throw them all in a cell.

I had this notion,

That I would one day swim in an ocean.

Drifting carelessly in the water

Away from all the manslaughter.

I would be free,

My life long and lengthy.

Instead in live nowhere.

I am no one.

I am nothing.

I am an afterthought,

Just waiting to be shot.

You are the worst.

America First.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Trump accused for inslut against Meghan Markle

he replied

Our former first lady passed away a few days ago due to leukemia..

But that's not the big news... The big news when the losing candidate of recent elections, Prabowo Subianto, came to the former president's house to express his condolences. When we expecting him to say the almost the same thing as other politicians who also visited the former president, he then said "I was told that the late first lady chose me as her presidential candidate in the last 2 elections, so I can feel what her husband is facing right now"

The former president was evidently pissed off and also reminded the journalist to remove any recordings of the statement, but of course it is futile....

Bizarre....

11 minutes ago, Griff88 said:

Our former first lady passed away a few days ago due to leukemia..

But that's not the big news... The big news when the losing candidate of recent elections, Prabowo Subianto, came to the former president's house to express his condolences. When we expecting him to say the almost the same thing as other politicians who also visited the former president, he then said "I was told that the late first lady chose me as her presidential candidate in the last 2 elections, so I can feel what her husband is facing right now"

The former president was evidently pissed off and also reminded the journalist to remove any recordings of the statement, but of course it is futile....

Bizarre....

I don't know what's worse, a losing presidential candidate saying that when coming by to express his condolences, or a former president so blatantly trying to push down the press..

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

15 minutes ago, AlFHg said:

Today it’s the first day since this government was formed that Italy seems to have a prime minister. In practice nothing is going to change, but at least this theater will end soon

Conte simply read Casalino's speech ... practically a thread-M5S speech