website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

56 minutes ago, Gianlu33 said:

Boris is coming :lol:

Ewwww

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 hour ago, Gianlu33 said:

Boris is coming :lol:

It seems really unlikely to me that a leader may appear all of a sudden.

I think Theresa May will look for vengeance. I admire her at some extent, but if I were her, I would have resigned after the first time that the House voted for her to stay as premier immediately after not voting for the brexit deal she proposed.

11 hours ago, Gianlu33 said:

Today polling station will be open in Czech Republic and Ireland. Good vote @OlympicIRL :)

Just back from voting. Voted for a mixture of left-leaning and Green Party candidates in the local and EU elections and voted in favour of the divorce amendment.

Also, in Ireland, most candidates and parties and the general public are pro-European and in general the level of anti-EU sentiment is quite low here.

I don’t expect turnout to be very strong this year. It’s been a very low-key election this time and Brexit fatigue has really set in so it’s harder to motivate people when it comes to politics at the moment.

Edited by OlympicIRL

7 minutes ago, OlympicIRL said:

Just back from voting. Voted for a mixture of left-leaning and Green Party candidates  in the local and EU elections and voted in favor of the divorce amendment.

Also, in Ireland, most candidates and parties and the general public are pro-European and in general the level of anti-EU sentiment is quite low here.

I don’t expect turnout to be very strong this year. It’s been a very low-key election this time and Beexit fatigue has really set in its harder to motivate people when it comes to politics at the moment.

Bees are exiting EU too? :yikes:

#banbestmen

Ireland Exit Poll:

Midlands-North-West EU Constituency 

McGuinness(FG-EPP): 25%
Carthy(SF-LEFT): 15%
McHugh(GP-G/EFA): 12%
Flanagan(*-LEFT): 10%
Walsh(FG-EPP): 10%
Casey(*-*): 7%
Smith(FF-ALDE): 6%
Rabbitte(FF-ALDE): 3%
Hannigan(Lab-S&D): 3%

Dublin EU Constituency

Cuffe (GP-G/EFA): 23%
Fitzgerald (FG-EPP): 14%
Andrews (FF-ALDE): 12%
Daly (I4C-LEFT): 12%
Boylan (SF-LEFT): 10%
Gannon  (SD-S&D): 6%
White (LAB-S&D): 5%
Durkan (FG-EPP): 5%
Higgins (*-*): 3%

image.png

16 hours ago, Gianlu33 said:

Ireland Exit Poll:

Midlands-North-West EU Constituency 

McGuinness(FG-EPP): 25%
Carthy(SF-LEFT): 15%
McHugh(GP-G/EFA): 12%
Flanagan(*-LEFT): 10%
Walsh(FG-EPP): 10%
Casey(*-*): 7%
Smith(FF-ALDE): 6%
Rabbitte(FF-ALDE): 3%
Hannigan(Lab-S&D): 3%

Things are looking good in my constituency for my candidates I cast my preferential votes for (Carthy, McHugh and Flanagan). Looks like all 3 will win a seat in the EU parliament :)

Also, delighted with the new "green wave" that appears to be sweeping Ireland. The Green Party looks set to win a seat in all 3 of the EU constituencies which could help sway the balance of power in the EU parliament. Very happy with the first tally figures :)