website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

1 hour ago, hckosice said:

yep and into the Black death :old:

Actually as an (avid) historian I can tell you that the greater community of historians views the Black Death as one the best catalysts for European growth into the Renaissance (the Black Death cane before, and may have been one of the causes of)

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

8 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

That was midway in the 14th century :p 

Renaissance was late 15th and majority 16th

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 minute ago, Olympian1010 said:

Renaissance was late 15th and majority 16th

Exactly my point.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Yesterday results were declared here. In a historic result, the ruling coalition came back with even bigger majority. BJP (principal party of ruling coalition) won 303 seats and along with allies won 355 seats out of 542 seats. Rahul Gandhi, president of main opposition party INC and belonging to Nehru-Gandhi family, lost from his family stronghold of Amethi as well (though he did win from another seat). A large number of INC heavyweights including 9 ex-chief ministers lost as well. This is only the third time that a PM has been able to get back to back majorities in India (After Jawaharlal Nehru in 1952, 1957 and 1962 and Indira Gandhi in 1967 and 1971). 

In a clash of Olympians, Olympic Silver medallist Rajyavardhan Rathore of BJP defeated Olympic finalist Krishna Poonia of INC in Jaipur Rural. Another Olympic medallist, Vijender Singh of INC lost as well while Cricketer Gautam Gambhir of BJP won in different seats of Delhi. 

May has announced her resignation, finally (but on 7 June, so she doesn't miss Trump's visit :lol: )

Spoiler

axcilq1xl3p21.gif

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

43 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

May has announced her resignation, finally (but on 7 June, so she doesn't miss Trump's visit :lol: )

Hide contents

axcilq1xl3p21.gif

She doesn't resign as prime minister before a new one has been found. Could be a couple of months in worst case.

3 hours ago, heywoodu said:

That was midway in the 14th century :p 

3 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Actually as an (avid) historian I can tell you that the greater community of historians views the Black Death as one the best catalysts for European growth into the Renaissance (the Black Death cane before, and may have been one of the causes of)

Ok, guys point for you, I had to read something about right now https://www.historytoday.com/archive/black-death-greatest-catastrophe-ever  :d I was wrong, I don´t remember everything from my school times...but I should have this one I guess

but yep, again...my school... they said me that Pluto is also a planet so.. :p

4 minutes ago, hckosice said:

but yep, again...my school... they said me that Pluto is also a planet so.. :p

Well if you went to school before 2006, that was correct :p