website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

6 minutes ago, Gianlu33 said:

If you want, this is a very nice test ;) https://euandi2019.eu/survey/NL/default/default#question/1

Ugh, the inevitable "Immigration to the Netherlands should be made harder" question. Yes, I think it should, but yes, I also 'cut my own fingers' with that (because non-European girlfriend), which leads to the question: should I let my own personal situation 'win' over what I think is best for the country in general? :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

20 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Oh right, voting. I have absolutely no idea yet, although in an online 'test' 50PLUS (sort of a senior party :d ) scored at 86% in terms of things I agree with :yikes: With the rest following from 60% and less

I usually score around 60% with many candidates from different parties, so it's very difficult to choose. Though I voted earlier today for a party and, at the same time, I voted for a candidate for the general election. None of the parties have surprised me during the general election campaign so why not already vote if you are sure who you are going to vote for. 

Radical Left, all the way !!  (It's a social-liberal party, a quite misleading name. :p)

Edited by wumo26

That result is as left-wing as can be :yikes: (almost, SP would be even more left)

WxLATBC.png

I feel very uncomfortable with PvdA, so that's definitely not gonna be it. Food for thought.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

13 minutes ago, Gianlu33 said:

If you want, this is a very nice test ;) https://euandi2019.eu/survey/NL/default/default#question/1

I feel that it was rather a lot of questions for national politics and not the EU Parliament. But not so surprisingly my party was by far the one I was closest to (though and Austrian and a Spanish Party were slightly closer)

8 minutes ago, wumo26 said:

I usually score around 60% with many candidates from different parties, so it's very difficult to choose. Though I voted earlier today for a party and, at the same time, I voted for a candidate for the general election. None of the parties have surprised me during the general election campaign so why not already vote if you are sure who you are going to vote for. 

Radical Left, all the way !!  (It's a social-liberal party, a quite misleading name. :p)

Thank you very much! :cheer:

May I ask what candidate (If you don't want to say that's totally fair)? :p

2 minutes ago, Agger said:

I feel that it was rather a lot of questions for national politics and not the EU Parliament. But not so surprisingly my party was by far the one I was closest to (though and Austrian and a Spanish Party were slightly closer)

Well, eurosceptiscism is rising through all Europe, although at different rates, so there’s a certain superimposition

13 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

That result is as left-wing as can be :yikes: (almost, SP would be even more left)

WxLATBC.png

I feel very uncomfortable with PvdA, so that's definitely not gonna be it. Food for thought.

I got a bit worried when I saw that PvdA was the Dutch party that I agreed with the most (GL second for me as well) considering that D66 and their youth party are some of our closest partners.

11 minutes ago, Agger said:

Thank you very much! :cheer:

May I ask what candidate (If you don't want to say that's totally fair)? :p

For the general election I voted for Anne Skau Styrishave https://valg.radikale.dk/valg/folketingskandidater/anne-skau-styrishave/

For EU I voted for the party. Mainly because I couldn't settle with a single candidate. 

My former fellow party members in Radical Youth Aalborg would probably have prefered I would have voted for their candidate. 

Edited by wumo26

6 minutes ago, AlFHg said:

Well, eurosceptiscism is rising through all Europe, although at different rates, so there’s a certain superimposition

Actually last year the support was the highest for 35 years :p

But nonetheless it gives a wrong picture about the election when about half the questions (didn't really count) are national politics and not about the ones they are voting for.

1 minute ago, wumo26 said:

For the general election I voted for Anne Skau Styrishave https://valg.radikale.dk/valg/folketingskandidater/anne-skau-styrishave/

For EU i voted for the party. Mainly because I couldn't settle with a single candidate. 

My former fellow party members in Radical Youth Aalborg would probably have prefered I would have voted for their candidate. 

Not bad (I would likely vote for her as well if I lived in Fyn :)

I voted for "their candidate" (You mean Philip, right?) :p 

For the General Election I'll vote the actual day.