website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

15 minutes ago, AlFHg said:

To EU users: will you vote in next European Parliament election?

Probably, if something doesn't pop up. Still undecided on who though. Maybe this time i won't go to my usual party, because one of our current member is on the fence of getting in this time, and i like how he talks in the EU parliament. :d  

22 minutes ago, AlFHg said:

I see it's apparently on Thursday here. Maybe, I haven't looked at which party wants what yet so it's still not possible to make a responsible decision :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

32 minutes ago, AlFHg said:

Yes, and I'm going to be volunteer at one of the polling station. Hopefully it will be a busy day with many voters at the polling station. :)

Edited by wumo26

1 hour ago, AlFHg said:

Yes I will be voting in the European Parliament elections next Friday. We also have local council elections and a referendum on the same day so I will be voting on those too.

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

I see it's apparently on Thursday here. Maybe, I haven't looked at which party wants what yet so it's still not possible to make a responsible decision :p 

Yes, Netherlands and Great Britain will be the first countries to vote. Some others on Friday and Saturday, while more than a half countries, among which Italy, will vote on Sunday.

26 minutes ago, OlympicIRL said:

Yes I will be voting in the European Parliament elections next Friday. We also have local council elections and a referendum on the same day so I will be voting on those too.

I've read on Ansa that the referendum will deal with divorce, so I think this will probably cause a sharp rise in turnout, even though in Ireland it is already relatively high. Here in Italy there are also local elections and almost 75% of them will be on the same day of European elections, but other will be split all over the years and some had already occured, (with bad results, from my political point of view, but this is another story)

1 hour ago, wumo26 said:

Yes, and I'm going to be volunteer at one of the polling station. Hopefully it will be a busy day with many voters at the polling station. :)

44 minutes ago, Agger said:

Yup. Going to vote tomorrow as I'll be a volunteer on election day.

It looks like you have other things in common other Totallympics :D however, I see that you vote earlier as volunteer in polling stations. Here in Italy, instead, they vote in the same days of regular electors.

1 hour ago, Federer91 said:

Probably, if something doesn't pop up. Still undecided on who though. Maybe this time i won't go to my usual party, because one of our current member is on the fence of getting in this time, and i like how he talks in the EU parliament. :d  

1 hour ago, Bohemia said:

Yes, I don't who to vote for yet though, I just know who l'm NOT gonna vote for :d

Have a good vote :D

1 hour ago, Gianlu33 said:

Of course ;) 

Nothing to say, I just didn't want to be unfair :D

Since we are speaking about european elections, here the frist tournout data from the Scandinavia and the Baltic...

:EUU 101 824 votes

:FIN 10% (+2.4%)*

:EST 6.1% (+2.1%)*

*Early vote is available until tuesday

Edited by Gianlu33

2 hours ago, AlFHg said:

Yes :lol: (I’m a rule breaker, not follower)

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela