website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

2 hours ago, hckosice said:

Seriously ? that´s really surprise me

Yeah nothing in America either except a couple of stereotypical New York Times articles about gender equality mentioned her. Nothing focusing on her though, which is pretty sad.

3 hours ago, hckosice said:

Seriously ? that´s really surprise me

Yeah, as you may know I love Politics, but even in my daily extensive reading I’ve seen more about the Israeli elections, Benin riots, Sudan Protests, Sisi “election”, Indonesia’s election, etc. Nothing about your president (who I very much like by the way)

Edited by Olympian1010

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Well. General election in Denmark has been set for 5th of june, meaning that we'll have 2 elections withing about 1½ week (European Parliament may 26)

We have 13 parties fighting for the 175 Danish seats. 4 of these aren't in the parliament at the moment, the Christian Democrats who haven't been elected since 2001, 2 new right wing parties "The New Right" and "Hard Line" (a party with some nazi tendencies, who only just got approved) and lastly Klaus Riskær Pedersen, lead by a man with the same name who is mainly known for a fraud case.

It does seem very likely that at least one of the right wing parties (who makes the current ones seem very main stream) will get elected.

It's a rather chaotic time where it doesn't look that certain how things will work out, but it will be interesting to be a part of!

Updates from Indonesian Election

What we know

• The incumbent Joko Widodo is winning based on quick count and exit polls (which means the world lose a Trumpish candidate)
  • Official results to be announced on 22 May. As of today the result is around 56-44.

What is funny

• Both sides claiming each other as fraudulent (classic)
  • The losing candidate supporters claimed the election committee server is defective because they used free Linux :lol:
  • The incumbent basically does nothing, but the losing guy held a winning party and saying the survey are lies and manipulated.
  • Several unsuccessful attempts to hack the election server are found. As the losing candidate supporters are really convinced, many of them fallen to the trick of a guy who pretends to show them how to prevent election server from being hacked via Command Prompt (it is actually a way to wipe all your harddisk) :rofl:

What is sad

• At least 250 polling station workers passed away during their duty due to exhaustion or accidents. Cramming 5 kinds of election (Presidential, Upper House, Lower House, Provincial Council, City Council) to a single day in order to increase turnout is a bad idea.
Edited by Griff88

On 04/05/2019 at 08:46, hckosice said:

Remembering this guy, our prime minister.

Reveal hidden contents

well, for some for me hardly imaginable and mysterious reasons Trump somehow decided to invite our country leaders to Washington for a visit... so ofc why to not make some shame and embarassement, so hell ya, let´s go, we send him, our prime minister :d

Reveal hidden contents

now our medias are the whole day trolling about the american medias introduciing him as our president. :lol:

I know, thats not so big deal, I mean who cares, but I am just surprised, I thought the fact we have just voted a female president is a thing that was pretty medialized across the whole world including USA Fox news journalists

6c5238c8-fa52-4ff7-b048-b87cf9adfdd7.png

+off topic,

but seeing Trump just infront of :SVK flag, make me kinda little worried I must say :lol:

image.png

I really dont understand the importance to have a female president like something important for the media "only for that", we have a female president in two times......nothing important, in a muslim country can be an interesting news.

1 hour ago, Griff88 said:

you forgot the words "very conservative" in the middle of the sentence :p

Isn't that quite often the same or is there a large number of not very conservative Muslim countries in terms of people having roughly the same rights and freedoms?

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

à l’instant, heywoodu a dit :

Isn't that quite often the same or is there a large number of not very conservative Muslim countries in terms of people having roughly the same rights and freedoms?

"christian" country have the same rights and freedoms ? for example    venezuela is like germany ? no :p