website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

Well I doubt after 21% of votes counted, someone would be able to go from 10,6% to a majority with the remaining votes? That's alright then :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

40.06 % votes counted

if it stands this way, we will have 2nd round between the top 2...since our constitution requires for the win already after 1st round the absolute majority at least 50 % of all eligible voters (yeah not only the peoples who actually voted) so really unlikely to reach that... however anyway the great news is that it will very likely be without that sick dickhead:woohoo:

210e63d8-d7e1-4a74-8e32-ef1bea3b2a5b.png

95.05 % votes counted.

Zuzana Čaputová destroying the field with incredible 40 % or if you want 796 227 votes !!! Absolutely insane, who would guess that a Female candidate, Liberal, environmental lawyer and activist, continuingly presenting for example among other themes also her ambitions for the recognition of LGBT adoption rights in a strongly catholic and consrvative country will destroy the field with such huge margin (any other politician never had such numbers in the past) and she won in all our districts !!! :bowdown:

Very proud to be slovak tonight.

Spoiler

d91f651b-5941-4838-9ba8-3e06bfba4f5f.png

so almost officially, the 2nd round will be on Saturday 30th. and the president will be one of Čaputová vs Šefčovič

1 hour ago, hckosice said:

95.05 % votes counted.

Zuzana Čaputová destroying the field with incredible 40 % or if you want 796 227 votes !!! Absolutely insane, who would guess that a Female candidate, Liberal, environmental lawyer and activist, continuingly presenting for example among other themes also her ambitions for the recognition of LGBT adoption rights in a strongly catholic and consrvative country will destroy the field with such huge margin (any other politician never had such numbers in the past) and she won in all our districts !!! :bowdown:

Very proud to be slovak tonight.

Hide contents

d91f651b-5941-4838-9ba8-3e06bfba4f5f.png

so almost officially, the 2nd round will be on Saturday 30th. and the president will be one of Čaputová vs Šefčovič

Congratulations!!, despite Caputova is not my type of candidate :p

When I say Brazil is not for beginners...

Michel Temer, president from August 2016 to December 2018, was just arrested (some might remember him from his very brief appearance at the Rio Olympics open ceremony).

Funny thing is that Dilma Rousseff, the one that was impeached and replaced by Temer, is probably at home laughing at this whole mess.

Next one: Bonosaur  :fingers:

Temer arrested? :lol: 

Can I quickly place a bet and say it's for corruption/money laundering/that kind of stuff? And could you tell me if I won my bet? :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, vinipereira said:

Bingo!

:woohoo:

I'm a little confused with all these presidents being arrested and whatnot: was Dilma arrested, or 'just' kicked out of office? I know Lula is in jail (right?), luckily there's now a squeeky clean decent president :whistle: