website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

Brazil can't pass a single day without a scandal lol

In today's news, the guys who killed Marielle (a proeminent councilwoman from Rio) were arrested, and one of them lives at the same building of president Bolso :roflmao:

I can't with Brazil anymore. I'm just following the news (like I don't live here) and waiting for our inevitable collapse as a nation.

50 minutes ago, vinipereira said:

Brazil can't pass a single day without a scandal lol

In today's news, the guys who killed Marielle (a proeminent councilwoman from Rio) were arrested, and one of them lives at the same building of president Bolso :roflmao:

I can't with Brazil anymore. I'm just following the news (like I don't live here) and waiting for our inevitable collapse as a nation.

Or try like in Trump's case: just ignore as much as possible and wait for the next elections and hope any other random person wins :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

30 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Or try like in Trump's case: just ignore as much as possible and wait for the next elections and hope any other random person wins :p 

Yep

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

3 hours ago, heywoodu said:

That's exactly what I'm doing (or trying to do). There are much bigger problems in my life to care so much about politics :p

But sometimes it's just hard to ignore the major fuckery that's happening in Brazil.

1 hour ago, vinipereira said:

That's exactly what I'm doing (or trying to do). There are much bigger problems in my life to care so much about politics :p

But sometimes it's just hard to ignore the major fuckery that's happening in Brazil.

Also true about my situation 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

14 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Although I do think Bolsonaro is kind of a million times worse than Trump, to be honest..and since Trump is a major asshat, that says something.

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

14 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

And mine. Apart from living in the US under Trump my country back home is run by a drunk president, corrupt millionaire PM, literal Communists, and an anti-immigrant party run by a Japanese guy. 

1 hour ago, ahjfcshfghb said:

And mine. Apart from living in the US under Trump my country back home is run by a drunk president, corrupt millionaire PM, literal Communists, and an anti-immigrant party run by a Japanese guy. 

Is this supposed to be a “hold my beer” type moment? :p

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

Although I do think Bolsonaro is kind of a million times worse than Trump, to be honest..and since Trump is a major asshat, that says something.

There pretty similar TBH