website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

1 hour ago, bestmen said:

is it true thousands of jobs are blocked because of the shutdown

Yes, I know friends who are currently jobless

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Just got down watching the political disaster unfold on all national television. In my opinion Shumer has the best speech, while Trump and Pelosi went in partisan directions. The government will stay in shutdown, and there were no real winners tonight. Personally I hated the way Trump painted immigrants (half of my high school are first and second generation immigrants, we also have 25 foreign exchange students (mostly from Asia)). I wish that Pelosi’s segment would have been stronger. What a day to be American :wall:

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

If my calculations are correct and the actual trend goes on, I will obtain 73 “we unfortunately have to inform you that your application has not been successful” letters this year. I have already collected two and I’m on my way :D 

I’m really getting depressed.

EDIT: Sorry, I thought this was the General chat :facepalm:

Edited by AlFHg

Macedonia's parliament passed on Friday an amendment to the constitution to rename the country Republic of North Macedonia, as agreed with Greece to put an end to a 27-year dispute.

Now, it is time we started petitioning for Western Macedonia :d

3 hours ago, Federer91 said:

Macedonia's parliament passed on Friday an amendment to the constitution to rename the country Republic of North Macedonia, as agreed with Greece to put an end to a 27-year dispute.

North-by-northwest Macedonia should do.

#banbestmen

Il 11/1/2019 Alle 20:36, Federer91 ha scritto:

Getting serious, it could be the chance for Macedonia to start the procedures for entering in EU, if Greek parliament votes the agreement, that is not very simple. 

In the meanwhile, I heard of Gdansk's mayor, I'm very sad...