website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

52 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

I have always wondered, if there was early voting here too, would the turnout be higher. Not sure what the security measures will be. :d I can't imagine voting in the mail and not knowing if my vote will even reach the place, be counted or even switched.  

People fear that here too

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

52 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Do you guys (any nation) vote by machine or by paper, by the way? 

Voted on a paper ballot that was read by a machine at my polling place. However, California will completely change our voting process in the next election. We’re going to use IPads at polling centers that will be open for 10 days

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

46 minutes ago, wumo26 said:

Denmark, one of the most digitised nations in EU and the world, we, of course, stil vote by paper. (Which I hate because I'm a volunteer at every election and it takes forever to count the votes...)

I volunteer as well, but not yesterday since my dead history paper couldn’t turn in my student application 

2 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Voted on a paper ballot that was read by a machine at my polling place. However, California will completely change our voting process in the next election. We’re going to use IPads at polling centers that will be open for 10 days

IPads, not tablets. Apple was founded in California. California's nickname is "the golden state". The big apple is the nickname of New York. Who lives in New York and has a golden decorated apartment. President Trump wins the 2020 election is confirmed. 

1 minute ago, hckosice said:

Paper ofc, we do not invented machines here yet in this century, but we have chairs :old:

438eb038906836dbad36733f2bd7c9d1_250w.PN

I wish we had chairs :cry:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, wumo26 said:

IPads, not tablets. Apple was founded in California. California's nickname is "the golden state". The big apple is the nickname of New York. Who lives in New York and has a golden decorated apartment. President Trump wins the 2020 election is confirmed. 

It's iPad, not IPad.

Spoiler

Actually it's just 'tablet', but for whatever reason people who own Apple-stuff seem incapable of calling their tablet a tablet and their phone a phone.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

9 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

You should go to a smaller polling station then :d Or they don't let you choose where to volunteer?

Nope, they just send me to some random polling station in my city. Maybe I'm lucky next election. 

Edited by wumo26

8 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

It's iPad, not IPad.

Hide contents

Actually it's just 'tablet', but for whatever reason people who own Apple-stuff seem incapable of calling their tablet a tablet and their phone a phone.

It's more urban to start a word (or an acronym) with a lowercase letter followed by an uppercase one.

Edited by Quasit

Stopped watching sports, there are better things in life.