website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

Do you guys (any nation) vote by machine or by paper, by the way? 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

3 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Denmark, one of the most digitised nations in EU and the world, we, of course, stil vote by paper. (Which I hate because I'm a volunteer at every election and it takes forever to count the votes...)

2 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Paper, with some machines here and there. We had a Referendum in 2015 about implementing online voting, but it didn't go through, because it had only 40% turnout. 72% voted for online voting then. There were still talks, but no one seems to know how to make it secure enough and not be affected by hackers and other stuff. 

Nice to see many nations use paper. We do the same here too, making voting machines reliable enough not to be hacked and things like that is almost impossible. If it's digital, it can be hacked.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

Nice to see many nations use paper. We do the same here too, making voting machines reliable enough not to be hacked and things like that is almost impossible. If it's digital, it can be hacked.

since we have high level of technology here in Iran , even papers can be hacked :d

there is a saying in Iran. an old one which says "Art could only be found among Iranians" apparently Art is not the only thing :lol:

7 minutes ago, wumo26 said:

Denmark, one of the most digitised nations in EU and the world, we, of course, stil vote by paper. (Which I hate because I'm a volunteer at every election and it takes forever to count the votes...)

Having volunteered myself (will most likely do for the upcoming elections as well) I'm pretty fine with it. Electronic voting is still too insecure for me to support it.

hace 43 minutos, heywoodu said:

Paper in national elections and almost all provinces.

In Buenos Aires there is an electronic system but it still involves marking a paper card as reassurance.