website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

4 hours ago, vinipereira said:

Once again I'm glad to live in the Northeast region. São Paulo and Rio elect the worst politicians possible.

At least I'm glad everyone I know, who all live in São Paulo (the state, and a few in the city), voted for someone else. I believe most voted for Haddad, I'm not even entirely sure, I just know they didn't vote for Bolsonaro..

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Also that person who attacked Bolsonaro a while ago surely must have been someone 'secretly' on his side? Simply because everyone knows that attacking any candidate in any country is basically always good for the candidate or (in case they are killed) their party..

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

I'm as pessimistic as almost anyone about the outcome, but at least a tiny, tiny glimmer of hope is that Bolsonaro didn't manage to win it in the 1st round..(with only a fraction of a % of votes still to be counted)

qoj299o.png

https://g1.globo.com/politica/eleicoes/2018/apuracao/presidente.ghtml

I mean the fact nearly 50 million people voted for him isn't exactly hopeful to begin with, but at this point I'd take anything...

14 hours ago, konig said:

First Peña Nieto and now Lopez Obrador.......who is worst?

Both are idiots who come from the same background... only difference is Peña was from the "upper class" and Lopez is from the "poor class"; yet both are equally incompetent, gold diggers. The only difference is that Peña was a puppet controlled by the Salinas family /hence the risk of another Tequila effect) and Lopez is a senile mesianic person. So in all honesty we should better change the country's official name to "Estamos Jodidos Mexicanos"

15 minutes ago, vinipereira said:

I know he would do a piece on that craziness. He’s my favorite political comedian 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Every country seems to have some weird politicians nowadays, but Brazil seems to have more than its fair share.

I always dreamt of visiting Sao Paulo (Liberdade to be more precisely), hopefully Brazil doesn't return to much darker times.

Edited by OlympicsFan

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

Well I'm still planning on visiting Brazil next year, fascistic idiot or no fascistic idiot :p

On 9-10-2018 at 02:09, vinipereira said:

A half minute in and I'm hearing Brazilians in general being described as 'cariocas' :p