website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

1 hour ago, Finnator123 said:

Seriously, it's extremely disgusting to read the comments on Social Media about Kavanaugh's confirmation... Some idiots are even implying that if his daughters would be sexually assaulted, he would not care.

He loves beer

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Em 10/4/2018 at 14:35, konig disse:

it was a funny picture for me and nothing more but is probably not for you and other brazilians of the forum.

Temer,Haddad and Bolsonaro are, for diferent reason, terrible politicians for me.

Nothing about Bolsonaro is funny. Nothing. 5 years ago he was considered a (bad) joke, ranting nonstop about a non-existing communist threat, and now he's very close to becoming the president for the next four years. He's publicly stated he believes (pretty) women should be raped, women should earn less than men, black people and native Brazilians are lazy and should be killed, gay people should die... Basically, he should be jailed for even opening his mouth, but somehow he's running for president and many, many people are ignorant enough to vote for him. In fact, I fear for my life if he ever gets elected.

Now, about the other politicians... Temer is as dirty as one can be. He's currently the illegitimate president after a coup d'état, and that says a lot. In short, the coup happened so he could sell for cheap (I'd say give) our oil to the Americans. Of course there's more to it, but it's too long (and boring) to explain. I'm a professor in a federal institution (basically, federal schools and colleges are usually the best in the country) and we've suffered huge losses of maintenance money, so we're screwed for the next years thanks to this coup.

Haddad is not a bad politician, but he is from a party I sincerely hope will not elect a president in the next 30 years, since we've seen numerous scandals of corruption regarding this party. Haddad has good ideas, but he should never have run for president in the first place.

Edited by thiago_simoes

Anyway, one of the very highest judiciary positions in the US is now filled by someone who has a dark cloud hanging over him and got away with a story full of holes and lies, congratulations :p

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, heywoodu said:

Anyway, one of the very highest judiciary positions in the US is now filled by someone who has a dark cloud hanging over him and got away with a story full of holes and lies, congratulations :p

America First! (to destroy itself from within) :p

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 hour ago, thiago_simoes said:

Nothing about Bolsonaro is funny. Nothing. 5 years ago he was considered a (bad) joke, ranting nonstop about a non-existing communist threat, and now he's very close to becoming the president for the next four years. He's publicly stated he believes (pretty) women should be raped, women should earn less than men, black people and native Brazilians are lazy and should be killed, gay people should die... Basically, he should be jailed for even opening his mouth, but somehow he's running for president and many, many people are ignorant enough to vote for him. In fact, I fear for my life if he ever gets elected.

Now, about the other politicians... Temer is as dirty as one can be. He's currently the illegitimate president after a coup d'état, and that says a lot. In short, the coup happened so he could sell for cheap (I'd say give) our oil to the Americans. Of course there's more to it, but it's too long (and boring) to explain. I'm a professor in a federal institution (basically, federal schools and colleges are usually the best in the country) and we've suffered huge losses of maintenance money, so we're screwed for the next years thanks to this coup.

Haddad is not a bad politician, but he is from a party I sincerely hope will not elect a president in the next 30 years, since we've seen numerous scandals of corruption regarding this party. Haddad has good ideas, but he should never have run for president in the first place.

I do hope though that, if it's Bolsonaro vs Haddad in the 2nd round, most people will (albeit reluctantly) vote for Haddad...from what I've heard so far there is literally no real good candidate, but everyone who is not Bolsonaro falls under the 'lesser of X evils' category..

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!