website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

44 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

I always share mine just to be open with people, and most of the American users like my content anyways so...

Spoiler: I’m not a fan of Trump

To be fair, one should also not be afraid to say they voted for Trump. People can agree or disagree with a certain candidate but in most cases someone who votes for candidate X isn't automatically stupid or something just because you and/or I don't agree with this specific candidate. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

R.I.P - The United States Supreme Court and the American left for the next 20 years

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

6 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

R.I.P - The United States Supreme Court and the American left for the next 20 years

Which most likely is a bit of an overreaction...I highly doubt Kavanaugh being accepted will change everything for 20+ years.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

33 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Which most likely is a bit of an overreaction...I highly doubt Kavanaugh being accepted will change everything for 20+ years.

But will definitely affect cases for the next few years

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

57 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

But will definitely affect cases for the next few years

Individual cases, yes. But people like to overreact to everything.... Just by reading the comments on CNN Fb posts about this, Kavanaugh seems to have the power to change laws at will lol

Obviously nobody in the Supreme Court has the right to change laws by their own will, but in terms of human rights it doesn't exactly help when the balance goes more towards conservatives, generally speaking.

4 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Obviously nobody in the Supreme Court has the right to change laws by their own will, but in terms of human rights it doesn't exactly help when the balance goes more towards conservatives, generally speaking.

How are the conservatives against human rights?

Just now, Finnator123 said:

How are the conservatives against human rights?

They are quite often (not always, obviously) not exactly fans of stuff like abortion or gay people having the same rights as straight people. 

39 minutes ago, Finnator123 said:

That's true.

Was that a game recognizes game moment?