website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

26 minutes ago, konig said:

42850432_262772367914350_8294073343158517760_n.jpg

Both sort of funny and painfully sad :p (both pictures)

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

19 minutes ago, konig said:

42850432_262772367914350_8294073343158517760_n.jpg

Extremely disheartening to see this here. This man is the worst thing that could ever happen to Brazil - if you guys think Trump is unreasonable sometimes, you should see this person talk for 5 minutes. I fear for my friends in case he's elected (which is very much the most likely scenario right now).

Also, it's a little ironic that you're (apparently) supporting an extremist when you have said plenty of times that extremism is bad in any form. I guess that only works for the far-left then?

28 minutes ago, vinipereira said:

Extremely disheartening to see this here. This man is the worst thing that could ever happen to Brazil - if you guys think Trump is unreasonable sometimes, you should see this person talk for 5 minutes. I fear for my friends in case he's elected (which is very much the most likely scenario right now).

Also, it's a little ironic that you're (apparently) supporting an extremist when you have said plenty of times that extremism is bad in any form. I guess that only works for the far-left then?

I think after hearing someone talk about him for 2 minutes earlier this year I have already decided seeing this person talk for 5 minutes is something I am not planning on wasting my time with...I really hope for some kind of Trump-like miracle in the elections (as in, Clinton for a long time seemed to win, but suddenly during the night Trump passed her and won - in this case obviously I hope Bolsonaro is the Clinton/surprisingly losing candidate in this story).

I want to visit Brazil next year, my girlfriend and her family are Brazilian, my best friend who is not my girlfriend is Brazilian, several other friends are Brazilian, there's I don't even know exactly how many, many millions of people living there...yeah, don't wanna see some military dictator take over..

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

I think after hearing someone talk about him for 2 minutes earlier this year I have already decided seeing this person talk for 5 minutes is something I am not planning on wasting my time with...I really hope for some kind of Trump-like miracle in the elections (as in, Clinton for a long time seemed to win, but suddenly during the night Trump passed her and won - in this case obviously I hope Bolsonaro is the Clinton/surprisingly losing candidate in this story).

I want to visit Brazil next year, my girlfriend and her family are Brazilian, my best friend who is not my girlfriend is Brazilian, several other friends are Brazilian, there's I don't even know exactly how many, many millions of people living there...yeah, don't wanna see some military dictator take over..

Also, on a topic regarding this forum, he is the only major candidate that doesn't include sports in his political program. We know brazilian athletes already suffer as it is, if he wins we can kiss goodbye the investments made in this area.

1 hour ago, LDOG said:

Ehh i think it's actually like 50/50, not exactly a miracle. 

I would even dare to predict he will lose.

I called you pessimistic on another topic but here you're too far optimistic. His rejection rate was huge and is decreasing by the day, the same way his voting numbers are increasing (according to polls, he has more than 40% of valid votes in first round). I don't think he'll win this Sunday (although there is a possibility), but I think no one can stop him three weeks from now.

5 minutes ago, vinipereira said:

Also, on a topic regarding this forum, he is the only major candidate that doesn't include sports in his political program. We know brazilian athletes already suffer as it is, if he wins we can kiss goodbye the investments made in this area.

That would be awful, especially considering the way the money for sports (at least the smaller sports) has already been decimated in recent months...

2 hours ago, vinipereira said:

Im libertarian, not conservative.......he cant be my candidate in any election, it was a funny picture for me and nothing more but is probably not for you and other brazilians of the forum.

Temer,Haddad and Bolsonaro are, for diferent reason, terrible politicians for me.

The extremism is bad in any form and i will continue saying that, dont take a picture like suporting, you can see many times i put pictures in this and another topics just for fun.