website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

Just now, Finnator123 said:

Oh yeah. The one that ended up with statue removal?

No, a white supremist drove through a crowd protesting a white supremacy rally and killed some people.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

2 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

I agree that antifa is violent and provacotive, but I think they are, at least in my nation, a necessary reaction to a violent right.

Too bad Antifa doesn't know the difference between violent far-right & just people on the right side lol
They need start being more Anti-Facist instead of downgrading to bunch of Losers.....

Trump cancelled the meeting with Kim, much to the surprise of absolutely nobody :lol::facepalm:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

4 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Trump cancelled the meeting with Kim, much to the surprise of absolutely nobody :lol::facepalm:

Not officially yet

Edit: It’s official now

Edited by Olympian1010
Correction

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Just now, bestmen said:

politic crisis between Netherlands - israel  because of this parody of eurovision :lol:

it's much better then the original :clap:

i hope that someone will translate it maybe @heywoodu 

Crisis? I must have missed that :d The reaction to that here was mostly "huh, not that funny (because this specific comedian just isn't very funny), but it's always fun when people take parodies way too serious", and that's it :p 

Well, let me take a listen, I haven't listened this before. Not that much interesting, mostly stuff like "We are Israel, we are super sweet", "Is your country surrounded by rock throwers? Just build walls that give even Trump wet dreams" and in the part where the real 'song' goes like "I'm not your toy, you stupid boy" (or something) she sings "kijk eens hoe mooi, ik bommen gooi" = "look how beautiful, I'm throwing my bombs". "No no, I don't think so, not a Palestinian will enter. This party has been going on for 70 years. This is my party, I should shine here."

Something like that. Like I said, it's just a parody/bit of satire. I am not particularly entertained by this specific thing, but don't care much about it neither. It's a parody, get over it. Not like any sensible person here would care if someone would make a comparable parody of the Netherlands, because....it's a parody. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!