website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

35 minutes ago, Finnator123 said:

Necessary? You think crying & fighting against your freedom of speech is necessary? Lol what

Well currently their trying to stop hate speech and neo-nazi rallies, which do not count as freedom of speech, since they violate other parts of our 1st Amendment.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

13 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Well currently their trying to stop hate speech and neo-nazi rallies, which do not count as freedom of speech, since they violate other parts of our 1st Amendment.

Hate speech. Very blur subject for them, if you ask me. Frankly, what is hate speech and what is having an different opinion?

15 minutes ago, thiago_simoes said:

Completely disagree. They fight against white supremacists and neonazis. It's one thing to have free speech, it's another thing when your free speech hurts other people and promote, ultimately, segregation to the point where even a genocide could be "explained" through your beliefs. I've had enough of disgusting people who would recruit other people to harass, hurt and even murder black people, gays, lesbians, immigrants, jews and other minorities. They might use violence to achieve their goals, but we're not all supposed to be Gandhis and Mother Teresas when we are dealing with fascists.

In America, they seem to fight against almost everybody lol
Especially against Trump supporters. They shout "Nazi!" at every god damn human being, if you disagree with them. And what about this freedom of speech? A conservative speaker called Ben Shapiro have lectures about many interesting subjects & everytime when people are protesting against him, the reason is somehow hate speech. Using facts & logic is not hate speech. Facts don't care about your feelings. A bunch of offended snowflakes calling every white guy with different opinions a white supremacist....

Agora, Finnator123 disse:

Especially against Trump supporters. They shout "Nazi!" at every god damn human being, if you disagree with them. And what about this freedom of speech? A conservative speaker called Ben Shapiro have lectures about many interesting subjects & everytime when people are protesting against him, the reason is somehow hate speech. Using facts & logic is not hate speech. Facts don't care about your feelings. A bunch of offended snowflakes calling every white guy with different opinions a white supremacist....

When you are in a position of privilege, it's easy to call minorities "snowflakes" with feelings that can be easily hurt. When you suffer the consequences of hate speech, even when hate speech is disguised through "facts", you urge to make the world a better place for you to live, and this means not accepting any made up speech as factual truth (which, quite often, is not). The nazi tried to pass eugenics as the truth, and we all know the terrible consequences this has caused to the world. So, it is important to always pay attention to WHO is talking, and WHAT motivates the discourse which is being spoken/written/etc. And if one's "opinion" makes the world a bad place for another person to live, with all due respect, one can shove his/her opinion up his ass. 

1 minute ago, thiago_simoes said:

When you are in a position of privilege, it's easy to call minorities "snowflakes" with feelings that can be easily hurt. When you suffer the consequences of hate speech, even when hate speech is disguised through "facts", you urge to make the world a better place for you to live, and this means not accepting any made up speech as factual truth (which, quite often, is not). The nazi tried to pass eugenics as the truth, and we all know the terrible consequences this has caused to the world. So, it is important to always pay attention to WHO is talking, and WHAT motivates the discourse which is being spoken/written/etc. And if one's "opinion" makes the world a bad place for another person to live, with all due respect, one can shove his/her opinion up his ass. 

These snowflakes i'm referring to comes from a White majority, who are so misguided. And Let's say if in America black minority causes more violent crimes than whites, that's not hate speech. That's a fact (Assuming in this conversation). Many of these "Snowflakes" get triggered when they hear something that actually & factually makes sense. 
Btw, I'm proud white male, who thinks that Antifa's actions have nothing to do with being anti-facist. Am i a white supremacist?

26 minutes ago, Finnator123 said:

Hate speech. Very blur subject for them, if you ask me. Frankly, what is hate speech and what is having an different opinion?

Hate Speech is defined a purposeful hatred, discrimination, or violence in action or speech towards a group of people. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Just now, Olympian1010 said:

Hate Speech is defined a purposeful hatred, discrimination, or violence in action or speech towards a group of people. 

Google Ben Shapiro. They (And quite a few Social Justice idiots) actually think that he's a hate speaker.

20 minutes ago, Finnator123 said:

Ben Shapiro is a disgrace to my nation. Wanting people to be kind and embrace peace is not a qualifier for being called a snowflake. When you use opinion and call it fact, it is not a fact, it is disinformation. Maybe if you lived in a immigrant community where people are harmed because of the descisions of people of look the same as you, you would understand.

7 minutes ago, Finnator123 said:

These snowflakes i'm referring to comes from a White majority, who are so misguided. And Let's say if in America black minority causes more violent crimes than whites, that's not hate speech. That's a fact (Assuming in this conversation). Many of these "Snowflakes" get triggered when they hear something that actually & factually makes sense. 
Btw, I'm proud white male, who thinks that Antifa's actions have nothing to do with being anti-facist. Am i a white supremacist?

Right, cause I’m sure Finland is full of diversity. I’m interested in the sources of such facts

3 minutes ago, Finnator123 said:

Google Ben Shapiro. They (And quite a few Social Justice idiots) actually think that he's a hate speaker.

Believe I’ve seen his work, my friend is his #1 fan