website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

52 minutes ago, stefanbg said:

This is an estate housing about 1500 habitants of gypsy origin in the town of Yambol. An unsuccessful attempt to integrate a community by the communist party in the dusk of communism in Bulgaria.

What about the most famous Roma ghetto of Central Europe the unique and legendary "Lunik IX" outside of Košice :p  The city already decided to build a big wall all around (and actually build one), but EU stopped the project saying it is anti-human or so, so they had to destroy it :d

Conclusion: it can be exagerated by propaganda like Heywoodu says but they exists, depends the country it can be big or low the problem.

@stefanbg and @hckosice i never expect to see that kind of images in Europe, are all gypsys in that "no-go zones" of your country?

I understand now why a romanian with i chat when i had 17 years old take in a very ofensive way that i ask to him: are you gypsy? :mumble:

2 hours ago, konig said:

Conclusion: it can be exagerated by propaganda like Heywoodu says but they exists, depends the country it can be big or low the problem.

@stefanbg and @hckosice i never expect to see that kind of images in Europe, are all gypsys in that "no-go zones" of your country?

I understand now why a romanian with i chat when i had 17 years old take in a very ofensive way that i ask to him: are you gypsy? :mumble:

Because he had a super thin skin and didn't understand that not everyone knows everything and thought getting angry would be better than simply explaining it :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

3 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Because he had a super thin skin and didn't understand that not everyone knows everything and thought getting angry would be better than simply explaining it :p 

But then again, you just don't ask such questions. :p

#banbestmen

19 minutes ago, dcro said:

But then again, you just don't ask such questions. :p

If you're not familiar with things, I honestly don't know why. It's all about how someone reacts to them and how they are asked (if someone would ask me in a friendly way if I'm a gypsy, why not answer friendly?).

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

54 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

If you're not familiar with things, I honestly don't know why. It's all about how someone reacts to them and how they are asked (if someone would ask me in a friendly way if I'm a gypsy, why not answer friendly?).

Well, you never know how people would react so it's best to think and research a bit before asking such question.

#banbestmen

4 minutes ago, dcro said:

Well, you never know how people would react so it's best to think and research a bit before asking such question.

Are you a Pannonian Rusyn?

33 minutes ago, dcro said:

First: i was young, now im not asking that kind of question to anybody :p

Second: like the most part of the argentinians descend from Europe, is not wire to ask here if you descend from spanish, italian, german, english etc and is not probably to someone react bad for that, i dont have very present the cultural diferences in that time, in fact in Argentina many things are not ofensive and in the rest of the world they are.

Edited by konig