web
analytics

Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account

Finnator123

[OFF TOPIC] E-Sports Thread

Do you guys have any opinions about E-sports?  Shortly, E-sport is not really a sport, because i just play different games while doing "E-sports".  Playing DOTA 2, League of Legends, Halo, Counter-Strike, etc...  for huge amounts of cash

I guess it depends on your definition of sport. Is poker or chess a sport? Does a sport need to be physical to be considered a sport? What about shooting? There isn't much of an argument that you could make for shooting that doesn't apply to the others listed above.

I think the term "e-sports" already supplies the discussion (at least at the moment, I do not know how much it can grow). The "e" in name is the reservation, who claims to practice as virtual, not physical. I believe that the approach to sports is much due to the point of view of competition.

Plus, I participated in minor e-sports competitions of Call of Duty in Brazil some years ago :)

Online football manager games are e-sports?

1 hour ago, lapaj said:

Online football manager games are e-sports?

E-sports are events, where the best players in that particular game participate and try to win money prizes and glory.

Just now, Finnator123 said:

E-sports are events, where the best players in that particular game participate and try to win money prizes and glory.

And Korea wins all prizes :lol: 

Well, I play Counter Strike regularly, but I wouldn't call that a sport activity. :d

37 minutes ago, Gianlu33 said:

Not in FIFA! ;)

I have btw participated in both the Danish, Scandinavian and World Championships in the game Pro Cycling Manager. :)

2 hours ago, Gianlu33 said:

When it's about DOTA , LoL or Starcraft :lol: