website statistics

Athletes Deaths Thread

Dragon

Spain's only female winter olympic medallist, Blanca Fernandez-Ochoa, bronze in Albertville 1992 in Slalom, has been found dead at 56 years.

She was quite a celebrity here, and very loved, so her going missing since the 23 in August has been fully covered in the media. Searching teams have been working hard these days in some mountains looking for her, but sadly her body was found today :cry:

4Ff1TiF8QaSjDAdDai8Cpg~Pavol-Demitra-pat

Today it´s already 8 years, but the memories remain :(

RIP Lokomotiv Yaroslavl 2011 squad

:RUS

Mikhail Balandin (31), Gennady Churilov (24), Alexander Galimov (26), Marat Kalimulin (23), Alexander Kalyanin (23), Andrej Kiryukhin (24), Nikita Klyukin (21), Maxim Shuvalov (18), Pavel Snurnitsyn (19), Ivan Tkachenko (31), Pavel Trakhanov (33), Yuri Urychev (20), Alexander Vasyunov (23), Artem Jarchuk (21)

:CZE

Jan Marek (31), Karel Rachůnek (32), Josef Vašíček (30)

:UKR

Vitalii Anikeenko (24), Daniil Sobchenko (20)

:BLR

Sergei Ostapchuk (21), Ruslan Salei (36)

:SVK

Pavol DEMITRA (36)

:GER

Robert Dietrich (25)

:LAT

Karlis Skrastins (37)

:SWE

Stefan Liv (30)

RIP Legend, RIP Champion, RIP our #38

On 03/09/2019 at 19:59, ChandlerMne said:

R.I.P

6 olympic medals.:(

One of my biathlon legends.

He was one of the key guys in the era when Biathlon was transformed from this weird obscure military sport into one of the world’s most exciting and popular professional sports.

7 hours ago, Grassmarket said:

He was one of the key guys in the era when Biathlon was transformed from this weird obscure military sport into one of the world’s most exciting and popular professional sports.

Great post.

My first biathlon memories were his success and glory. And i am happy that i could watch him competing. 

not the greatest athlete in the world of Gymnastics (I don't think he ver took part into the Games as an athlete), but surely a man that heavily influenced this Sport, being the world federation's President for about 20 years...

Bruno Grandi died earlier today at the age of 85...

https://www.gymnastics.sport/site/news/displaynews.php?idNews=2612