Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account

Dragon

Olympians who died in 2018

1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

To be fair, I guess those senseless things happen everywhere...it's not like that would be impossible in Stockholm, or Graz or something...but this is horrible :( 

Well, I've never heard about someone getting stabbed over car mirrors, let alone an elite athlete...

1 minute ago, dcro said:

Well, I've never heard about someone getting stabbed over car mirrors, let alone an elite athlete...

I've heard about people getting stabbed for trying to prevent someone from stealing their bike...not an elite athlete, but that's just because a vast majority of people is not an elite athlete.

Anyway, I'm shocked.. 

1 hour ago, vinipereira said:

Reports are saying that Kazakhstan's Olympic medalist, Denis Ten, has tragically passed away following an attack in Almaty. If true, this is devastating :cry:

What a blow for Central Asian sports and skating in general. He was one of the few skaters I knew and cheered for. What a senseless loss of life

I just saw the shocking news about his passing... :cry: How can people be so heartless for such stupid things? 

May he rest in peace.

Viktor Tyumenev, USSR´s Sarajevo 1984 Olympic Champion and 3 times World Champion 1982, 1986 and 1990 in Ice Hockey passed away yesterday at 61. For long years he played in Finland, after returning home he played for Spartak Moscow and the Krylya Sovietov Moscow, he finished his career in the 1997/98 season as a player of CSKA Moscow.

RIP

• Sad 1

Posted (edited)

:KEN Former Olympian and world champion in men's 400m hurdles Nicholas Bett has died in a car accident at the age of 28 , RIP 

Edited by thepharoah
  • Sad 3

Posted (edited)

The women's all-around gold medalist at the 1988 Seoul Olympics Elena Shushunova has died in St. Petersburg. She was 49

http://tass.ru/sport/5462199

RIP

Edited by Dimast

Alexei Paramonov, one of the best Soviet football players ever, Olympic champion Melbourne-1956, died today at the age of 93. RIP

Cross-posting this :(

How many Rio 2016 Olympians have passed away already, does anyone know?

6 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Cross-posting this :(

How many Rio 2016 Olympians have passed away already, does anyone know?

David Torrance, Nicholas Bett, Ian Lariba.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dcro said:

David Torrance, Nicholas Bett, Ian Lariba.

Plus Edwin Mosquera (Colombia-Weightlifting) and Inkululeko Suntele (Lesotho-Boxing)

2 murders, 1 car accident, 1 accidental drowning and 1 illness

• Sad 2
  • Thanks 1