website statistics

Doping Cases and Bans 2018 Thread

Dragon

2 minutes ago, Dragon said:

That is most likely the longest article I've ever seen about the use of doping in bridge.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

25 minuti fa, heywoodu ha scritto:

That is most likely the longest article I've ever seen about the use of doping in bridge.

the article is more an expample of how stupid and arrogant are those idiots of NADO Italia...

that woman is a baby's doctor (pediatra), 55 years old and with blood pressure recognized issues (as many people of that age, especially here in Italy, where we like to eat spicy and salty food)...

she obviously takes medicines for that, she's only guilty not to have claimed her usual TUE when she had one of the last doping tests...

and she was also declared "not guilty" in the first pronounciation, but NADO Italia insisted that a warning wasn't enough and appealed that decision until in the second degree she was disqualified for 8 months...

that's how it worls NADO Italia...and that's why you always see our flag at the top of this shame ranking...

p.s. by the way, the substance is named Clortalidone (which is a diuretic regularly used to calm down blood pressure)...

p.p.s. I also use a medicine like that (a different one, but still...it's one of my numerous TUEs)...:rofl:

Edited by phelps

Just now, phelps said:

55 years old and with blood pressure recognized issues (as many people of that age, especially here in Italy, where we like to eat spicy and salty food)...

I see a solution for that high amount of blood pressure problems.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

“E ancora: allegato agli atti, compare un rapporto Wada, pubblicato dal Corriere della Sera a ottobre, che descrive i giocatori di bridge come gli atleti più dopati: 22 positivi ogni 100 testati, contro l’uno virgola qualcosa del ciclismo.”

this is an extract from the article. It states that, according to WADA, 22% of antidoping test for bridge players are positive. Wow.

Adesso, bestmen ha scritto:

you have to eat the sugar to equilibrate 

and you get diabetis...

age and genetic factors can't be ignored...you can only manage that problems with medicines (losing weight helps, but it's not the definitive solution)...