website statistics

Doping Cases and Bans 2018 Thread

Dragon

4 minutes ago, Dunadan said:

Among the others, :BRA Caio Bonfim tested positive for a diuretic and is currently serving a 6 months ban...for me this is news.

That is new indeed.. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 hours ago, Dunadan said:

Among the others, :BRA Caio Bonfim tested positive for a diuretic and is currently serving a 6 months ban...for me this is news.

And (if I understand correctly) according to this he failed two tests in May 2017, was notified about them in July 2017 but claimed contamination and managed to be allowed to race and win a medal at the World Championships...obviously in this last months he claimed to be injured.

:redcard:

20 minutes ago, Dunadan said:

:USA swimmer Madisyn Cox (2 world medals in 2017) has been given a 2 years ban for testing positive to Trimetazidine.

https://swimswam.com/2017-world-champion-madisyn-cox-given-2-year-doping-suspension/

Ah, the classic "my doping was in my tap water" excuse.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

10 minutes ago, bestmen said:

:ESP Igor Merino  , cycling

i don't know if he is in the tour de france

for sure he is positive

He's definitely not a cyclist on a Tour de France-kind of level. His sister is more known (Eider Merino) as the around 65cm tall, 13kg (this might be a little exaggerated) female pro cyclist.

Igor Merino was caught for growth hormones by the way, didn't work so well, since he's still only 1,60m. I guess they've got tiny genes in that family :p 

Bye bye 6 times Olympic gold medal winner and 39 times world champion Ryan Lochte :bye: