website statistics

Doping Cases and Bans 2018 Thread

Dragon

1 minute ago, De_Gambassi said:

I mean that the french boxing association gave him only one suspensive year. (ie as it stands he could fight this year). A very lenient sanction that doesn't fit the french (world ?) anti doping code, and that most definitly be appealed, the code stating that at least one year (a non suspensive year that is) is mandatory in that case.

Right, I got confused by the word 'suspensive' :p 

His lawyer, Arnaud Pericard, told AFP that the first missed test came while Yoka was on a plane back from training in the United States, and the second came "during a period of relaxation", when he "didn't know he was still subject to geolocation requirements".

:facepalm:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 minutes ago, De_Gambassi said:

That's very much could be me not using that world properly :d

Then I found an English article talking about a 'suspended ban', so now it's a suspended suspensive suspension, yeah I'm out :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

12 hours ago, De_Gambassi said:

I mean that the french boxing association gave him only one suspensive year. (ie as it stands he could fight this year). A very lenient sanction that doesn't fit the french (world ?) anti doping code, and that most definitly be appealed, the code stating that at least one year (a non suspensive year that is) is mandatory in that case.

I'm told the AFLD (French Anti-Doping Authority) are very unhappy about the decision

Il 6/3/2018 Alle 22:13, heywoodu ha scritto:

Three no shows in one year if I read it correctly? He turned pro after the Olympics, but I don't think we should call any athlete who has 3 no shows professional.... 

according to Italian press, he had 4 "no show" in 12 months, not only 3...:yikes::facepalm:

1 minute ago, phelps said:

according to Italian press, he had 4 "no show" in 12 months, not only 3...:yikes::facepalm:

One can be an accident, two...that's really dumb. But 3? Let alone 4? Nah, we're not falling for that.