website statistics

Doping Cases and Bans 2018 Thread

Dragon

4 hours ago, bestmen said:

Cycling drug bombshell: Banned patches were ordered at Team Sky

Testosterone patches were delivered seven years ago to National Cycling Centre

The order was found during a probe into ex-Team Sky and British Cycling doctor

Sensational allegation made during GMC investigation into Dr Richard Freeman

Nooo, Team Sky or the surroundings of British Cycling breaking rules, nobody would expect that! :yikes:

Spoiler

:lol:

I wonder when the British cyclists will have to compete under neutral flag, like the Russians in athletics :evil:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Il y a 4 heures , bestmen a déclaré:

Cycling drug bombshell: Banned patches were ordered at Team Sky

Testosterone patches were delivered seven years ago to National Cycling Centre

The order was found during a probe into ex-Team Sky and British Cycling doctor

Sensational allegation made during GMC investigation into Dr Richard Freeman

tenor.gif?itemid=9989935

I especially love this part :rofl:

A further request was then made to the medical supplier in Oldham asking them to send an email saying the package had been sent in error.

"Dude, they can't know we actually ordered this stuff, so please send us an email saying you sent it to us wrongly, but we know better hehe, suckers.

-XXX-

Brailsford"

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

On 3/1/2018 at 02:31, Dragon said:

:CRO Case #118 (Croatia #1)

Athlete: Dario Srna

Sport: Football

Duration: 17 Months

Expiration: August 22nd, 2018

Substance: Dehydroepiandrosterone

Source: http://www.nadc.org.ua/novyny/pres_reliz_shchodo_rishennya_u_spravi_dario_srny

They kept it quiet for a year or so? I mean, duration is 17 months, yet expires in five...

The net around Team Sky, Wiggins, Froome and all that stuff seems to be closing more and more.

https://www.eurosport.com/cycling/tour-de-france/2018/sir-bradley-wiggins-and-team-sky-crossed-ethical-line-uk-parliamentary-report_sto6664165/story.shtml

So, Vincenzo Nibali (of Astana :lol:) as the last Tour de France winner if this keeps going the US Postal/Armstrong-road? :d 

I sometimes wonder why I still keep following this sport, but alright.

Edited by heywoodu

vor 17 Minuten schrieb heywoodu:

The net around Team Sky, Wiggins, Froome and all that stuff seems to be closing more and more.

https://www.eurosport.com/cycling/tour-de-france/2018/sir-bradley-wiggins-and-team-sky-crossed-ethical-line-uk-parliamentary-report_sto6664165/story.shtml

So, Vincenzo Nibali (of Astana :lol:) as the last Tour de France winner if this keeps going the US Postal/Armstrong-road? :d 

I sometimes wonder why I still keep following this sport, but alright.

Then you also should ask yourself, why you follow weightlifting or athletics ... :p

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2018/mar/04/ruth-jebet-olympic-champion-drug-test-kenya-bahrain-steeplechase

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

31 minuti fa, OlympicsFan ha scritto:

Then you also should ask yourself, why you follow weightlifting or athletics ... :p

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2018/mar/04/ruth-jebet-olympic-champion-drug-test-kenya-bahrain-steeplechase

I think we should ask ourselves why we're still here, following all sort of sports? :p:facepalm:

I can only speak for myself...and, as I already wrote in the past, I still like the show, the competition, the action I can find when I watch sport events...just like going to the cinema...nothing more, nothing less...

and yes, I can also feel pleasure and get emotional behind some athletes and/or teams winning and/or losing...

it's just something "inside me", that I can't even imagine to control and/or stop...I can easily say that I'm addicted to the emotions and the adrenaline that sport gives me most of the times...

1 hour ago, OlympicsFan said:

Oh I absolutely do. But always when I thinj about it, basically what @phelps said is what comes to mind. Why would I care about a random German person skiing 0,10 seconds faster than a random French person, or a random Australian person swimming 0,02 seconds faster than a random Canadian person? But always phelps' answer is what comes to mind :d 

Just in this case it's so cringeworthy that Sky has always been putting themselves on the front as the clean team, hiding behind their marginal gains (fluffier hotel pillows, wetter water in the showers, that kind of stuff), yet it has been stinking like holy hell for years and now all this comes along. I truly hope that farce of a team is gone by 2019.