website statistics

Doping Cases and Bans 2018 Thread

Dragon

Russia is on the verge of having its suspension reimposed by WADA after an inspection team visiting the Moscow Laboratory was denied access to raw data to complete its full reinstatement.

https://www.insidethegames.biz/articles/1073569/russia-on-verge-of-having-suspension-reimposed-by-wada-after-they-deny-them-access-to-laboratory-data

On 7/12/2018 at 21:37, mrv86 said:

Some new information regarding Gonzalez:

*Sample was taken on October 17th by the National Antidoping Committee, as a surprise test asked by WADA.

*Both, Mexican NOC and Athletics Federation were notified of a positive result some days later, tough the information was not made public until November 16th.

*The athlete's defense team is alleging that the positive was due to consumption of tainted meat, as the prohibited substance is known to be used by Mexican ranchers are known to use it to feed their cattle.

Source (in spanish)

Pray for Lupita! I hope see her in Lima and Doha.  :pope:

hace 59 minutos, thiago_simoes said:

I don't know what to think about Zeng. This is the second doping case in rhythmic gymnastics this year (after :KAZ Sabina Ashirbayeva), what is really surprising since this sport had very few convicted dopers in the past.

It's same in Artistic Gymnastics... I know the case of  Andreea Raducan   :ROU  and Luiza Galiulina. :UZB

9 horas atrás, RiSeGwangFan disse:

It's same in Artistic Gymnastics... I know the case of  Andreea Raducan   :ROU  and Luiza Galiulina. :UZB

The ones I know:

Artistic gymnastics:
Andreea Raducan :ROU
Daiane dos Santos :BRA 
Do Thi Ngan Thuong :VIE
Gervasio Deferr :ESP
Hong Su-jong :PRK
Luiza Galiulina :UZB
Morgan Hamm :USA
Yuri van Gelder :NED

Rhythmic gymnastics:
Alina Kabaeva :RUS
Anna Bessonova :UKR
Irina Tchatchina :RUS
Nadzeya Vysotskaya :BLR
Rut Castillo :MEX

Sabina Ashirbayeva :KAZ
Simona Peycheva :BUL

7 minutes ago, thiago_simoes said:

The ones I know:

Yuri van Gelder :NED

And not only once :lol: 

Although instead of a cheating doper he's more like an absolute moronic coke sniffer.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

3 minutos atrás, heywoodu disse:

And not only once :lol: 

Although instead of a cheating doper he's more like an absolute moronic coke sniffer.

Wait, the Dutch federation pulled him from competing at the rings final at the 2016 Olympics before he was tested, right? Or did it count as a second offense?

8 minutes ago, thiago_simoes said:

Wait, the Dutch federation pulled him from competing at the rings final at the 2016 Olympics before he was tested, right? Or did it count as a second offense?

Yes, on 8 August he was sent home because he had been going out and (probably) drinking, returning in the Olympic village deep, deep in the night and making a ton of noise (basically being an annoying drunk), followed by not appearing for training the next morning. Back home he went to the court to have the decision overturned, with no luck.

It's such a shame. A talented athlete like him being such an irresponsible asswhipe.

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!